50% OFF SALE - LIMITED TIME. Apple featured "New apps we love".
Untitled is a powerful screenwriting and note taking app, from the Lead UIUX designer at Vimeo.
"Putting down my ideas, taking notes, and writing my screenplay without having to switch apps, or break focus, has been a blessing" - Marco C
Not a screenwriter? Not a problem. Untitled can instantly turn your notes into a fully formatted screenplay.
Develop your stories, build compelling characters, draft heart-stopping scenes, and transform your notes into a screenplay. Perfect for ideas, first drafts and everything in-between.
- iCloud Versioning - Never lose an overwritten thought!
- iPhone X Support!
- Split View & Slide Over now fully supported - Jot ideas while you research!
- Quick notes - Jot your screenplay notes and ideas as soon as you open the app, all in one place.
- A simple, beautifully crafted editor with a highly legible font that reduces writer's block when writing your story.
- Write Now, Preview Later: Write without the pressure of writing a perfect first draft; Preview in the industry standard screenplay format.
- Rich Text Outlines: New header, font, and bulleted styles allow you to create outlines however you see fit
- One Touch Reorder: Quickly arrange and rearrange your scenes, or ideas in Untitled with the new reorder menu. Say goodbye to your note cards!
- Pro Export Options: Export your masterpiece to .fdx, .fountain, .txt, .pdf or .html.
- iCloud Sync: Sync what you write in Untitled across your iPhone and iPad.
- File Format: All documents created in Untitled are .fountain files by default.
- Easy Import: Import .txt and .fountain scripts from iCloud, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, and more.
- Auto Save: Untitled auto saves your notes while you write them so that you never lose an idea.
- Focus Mode: Enter a clean writing environment so that you can focus on your ideas, characters and story.
- Writing Font: Untitled uses a customized version of Graphik for increased legibility over Courier when writing.
- PDF Preview: See an unobstructed view of your screenplay within the Preview window.
- Font Size Accessibility: Untitled now supports font sizes under Accessibility iOS Settings. Adjust for larger fonts when writing.
- Keyboard Support: Connect your Bluetooth keyboard for an even better writing experience.
- Magic Script Formatting: Untitled instantly turns your stories into an industry standard screenplay.
- Writing Guide: Learn the ins and outs of Untitled from within the app.
- Great Support: We answer emails really quickly! (they go straight to our phones!)
- Fountain support.
Ready to write your best screenplay? Download now!
Fixed crashing bug
Ratings and Reviews
Good, and can be Great!
I downloaded this and loved it immediately. Everything it already has is great, but I think it needs a few things to make it better. First off, I started writing in it for the first time yesterday and I loved it. I came back this morning and it was all gone, I emailed but haven't gotten a response yet (which is ok I'm patient). So that's a little unsettling if I want to go further. I think it would be a great feature to be able to have an account, so you can access your screenplays from multiple devices EASILY. I like to type notes into my phone as I come up with ideas and finalize them later on my iPad, so this would be an amazing feature and comfort me in using this app because I would be able to access my screenplays even if something happens to any of my devices. I hope someone sees this and takes this into consideration for the next (and hopefully soon) update :)
Developer Response ,
Hey Diego! Our latest update fixes that iCloud issue!
9/19 update to my review. Still major issues.
For one, the app as a whole does save time and formatting effort. So that is a life saver. But major problems still exist. Like when you close and open the app or switch apps and come back to Untitled, It closes your open project and brings you to a deeply buried file and you have to back yourself out and then look for your file that you were working on. I have messaged the developers and they know about it, but it seems like they refuse to fix it. It has been causing a problem with file retention and I often loose projects because of it.
The app also creates a lot of unnecessary folders, files, and copies of backups. And the “Versions” feature is completely buggy.
Overall since my last review last year, they have only fixed one issue where the screen didn’t scroll with the text input. And another where the text you would type is hidden behind the keyboard. But the filing is still an issue.
Raised review from 2 stars to 3 since it’s a little more stable than before but still barely 70% stable.
Developer Response ,
Hi James, since your last review we fixed the following: iCloud sync between devices, Pull to refresh to sync, restructured the files menu, fixed crashes related to iCloud saving multiple files at once, speed improvements while writing, speed improvements when going between documents, crashes while previewing, and more.
Just as great as the stars say it is
Without a doubt, such a handy, quick app for getting my ideas down quickly. So simple to use and syncs with all my devices. WARNING: Always close the app on one device before you open it on another device. I didn’t do that and it got confused on the latest draft and I lost a little of what I had typed. However, sent a support email and the guy emailed me back within 10 minutes on a Sunday night to explain what had happened.
Really is a great way to get your first draft down quick and easy. Super easy to edit. Not sure yet if you’d want to use this for your final submittal copy but it certainly serves the purpose intended.
Can’t wait to see the coming updates and improvements. Thanks
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.