Instead of sifting through the clutter to find stories, our USA TODAY app will do it for you. From your interests and passions to the sports teams you cheer for – you’ll always stay updated, informed, and instantly notified about breaking news you want to know. Here’s how.
• Personalize your news: With My Topics, you choose what you want to read about, and get notified when there's something new.
• Be the first to know: Turn on breaking news alerts so you always know what’s going on.
• Eliminate interruptions: Get the same great storytelling with no ads for just $2.99/month. Try it with a 14-day free trial*.
• Relax with games and podcasts: Play the daily crossword and sudoku (iPad only) and listen on demand to your favorite USA TODAY NETWORK podcasts.
• Unplug with quiet time: Just because USA TODAY’s award-winning content is updated 24/7, doesn’t mean you have to be
• Local weather updates: Know if it’s time to grab the umbrella or the sunblock before heading out for the day.
*Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.usatoday.com/terms/
Questions or comments? Visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps or email USATODAYmobile@usatoday.com
• We've made some updates to My Topics to help you follow the latest news related to the 2020 election. Get updates on the candidates that matter to you today!
• Opinion articles are now more clearly labeled.
• As usual, we're fixing bugs and improving performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Still not user friendly
UPDATE: The developer seems to have fixed the auto play video problem so I have added a star. However, the user experience is STILL among the worst of any app I use. Frequently the content jumps when scrolling when an ad loads. Sometimes this jump is so extreme that my place in the text jumps clear off the screen. This is the only app I use where this is a problem and it is a problem that has been ongoing for a while. To the developer-Thank you for the earlier fix but you need to correct usability!
OLD REVIEW: It is as simple as this-online ads that are obnoxious do nothing to gain you fans. Auto playing video ads that hijack my screen while i scroll through headlines are beyond obnoxious, they are basically user hostile. I have no issue with content providers earning money from advertising if it is done in a user friendly way. This is not. It is this kind of behavior that has led so many to use the ad blockers that publishers are so often complaining about. I will not continue to use this app if these continue to be a frequent part of the experience. .
Developer Response ,
Our apologies, this was not intentional but we’ve resolved this poor experience in our latest app release. Please upgrade and take a look. You can reach out to us at USATODAYmobile@USATODAY.com if there’s anything else we can do to help, we are always looking for ways to improve the app. Thank you!
You’re liberally bias, I have no issue with bias if you state it. Stop acting objective
I’m independent and like objective news sources. That’s increasingly hard to find these days, other outlets I appreciate because they state their leanings. I wish the news didn’t lean a certain way, but at least they put the proper disclaimer on it. Like a movie properly rating itself so you understand what you are about to view. You and other news outlets should strongly consider this course of action. It’s disingenuous and misleading to act objective while simultaneously pushing an obviously liberal/progressive agenda. Your editorial board and contributors are liberal leaning at the very least. I’ve seen you post opposing opinions, but overwhelmingly the opinions expressed here are liberal and it doesn’t take a conservative or trump supporter to see that, of which I am neither. I personally feel we all have a bias of some sort, but some are more willing to address and correct it than others. I personally actively try to dismantle my own arguments regularly to see if they can withstand basic scrutiny. Perhaps your network should consider doing the same, or simply state your bias. That would be a good first step toward better serving the people who consume your content.
Over all it's good, video implementation is bad
I use it every day multiple times a day. I like it except for the way they have implemented the videos where they play an advertisement before the video. The problem is they play the same advertisement segments over and over! After a while you get so sick of hearing them that you would never by what they are advertising! The current most annoying thing is that they are slow to show the ads they have in static text articles. So you are reading along and then the text suddenly scrolls down so that you are in a different part of the article! It’s simply maddening! So now you have to scroll back up a screen or two to find your place! It’s kind of like a while back when the ads would hang and you couldn’t watch the video! I am not sure if the problem is my slow internet it their bad programming skills! When they are adding the ad content that is off the screen they SHOULD NOT CHANGE THE SCROLL!
I am guessing that the guys programming this do not use it on their iPhone otherwise they would not make such an obvious mistake.
- USA TODAY
- 283.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- USA TODAY Ad-Free Monthly $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.