VAPoly is a virtual analog 8 voice polyphonic synthesizer for iPhone, iPad and Mac. VAPoly features built-in effects, built-in sequencer, parameter automation and oscilloscopes. VAPoly can be used as a stand alone or as an Audio Unit Extension (AUv3). Stand Alone supports Ableton Link, Bluetooth MIDI, MIDI IN/OUT and audio file export.
The synth features two oscillators, two ADSR envelopes, a high pass filter, a low pass filter and an amplifier per voice. The oscillators are capable of wide variety of modulation to shape the sound. The low pass filter is modeled on cascaded OTA filter circuit for classic analog sound. The Effects include delay, chorus, flanger, reverb, eq, and compressor. The sequencer allows you to program 16 bar pattern per clip and you can have total 16 clips.
Project files can be saved in iCloud Drive, so that you can work on a project on iPhone, iPad or Mac whichever is convenient for you at the time.
Virtual analog 8 voice polyphonic synthesizer
16 bar patterns per clip. Total 16 clips.
Linear PCM format (AIFF, WAV and CAF) and compressed format (AAC)
Support iCloud Drive.
Support Ableton Link, Bluetooth MIDI, MIDI In / Out.
Support Audio Unit Extension (AUv3)
Works on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- AudioUnit Extension (AUv3) requires host application which support AudioUnit Extension.
- AudioUnit Extension (AUv3) is supported by Apple Garage Band on iOS and macOS, and Apple Logic on Mac. For any other DAW, it depends on the application and some of them don’t support AudioUnit Extension (AUv3).
Version 1.0.2 contains improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixed a problem that octave range of the piano doesn’t reset when file-New command is called.
- Fixed a problem that delay time value is set incorrectly when file-New command is called
- Fixed a problem that font size of the tab labels are not scaled properly.
- Fixed a problem that font size of the dial labels and switch labels are not scaled properly.
- Fix a problem that some of the notes played on keyboard in Unison Mode are terminated at the end of the loop length when internal / external sequencer is running.
- Fix a problem of glide in unison mode.
- Fix a problem of the recording count in when Ableton Link is enabled.
- Fix a problem of editing note length while recording.
- Fix a problem of synth button on iPhone.
- Fix a problem that bar is progressed incorrectly.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect poly with great ui.
I think this is a bit underrated as it sounds so ace! Its amazing that it can be used on mac and ipad/iphone. Also the loop maker is basic yet amazing feature and well its just working and no crashes so cheers! Maybe add more color but its still a user friendly ui.
I’m blown away at how good the filter sounds on this. This is one of the best sounding synths on iOS, the analog realness of it incredible. The developer is a coding wizard, all of their apps have been on point with the sound and processing
Another solid release! Beefy warm goodness!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ryo Togawa
- 15.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Ryo Togawa
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.