Tonewheel organ emulator
The mobile version of GSi VB3
GSi VB3m simulates the famous american tonewheel organ better known as the Hammond Organ B3.
- Two manuals plus pedalboard
- Two sets of 9 drawbars each for upper and lower manual
- Two drawbars for the pedalboard
- Physical modeling engine with full polyphony (91 tonewheels)
- Rotary speaker effect with two variations plus one static amp
- Virtual microphone positioning
- Tube overdrive simulation
- Two band equalizer
- Digital reverb
- Program bank with 32 memory locations
- On screen keyboard (upper manual only)
- Split function
- Pedal-to-lower function
- Pedal String Bass decay
- Global tuning between A=430 Hz and A=450 Hz
- Fully customizable Midi CC Mapping with Midi Learn function
- Reverse all drawbar CC option
- Sustain pedal support for sustaining notes
- User selectable Midi channels
- Freely assignable Program Change numbers
- Low latency Core Audio support
- IAA support
- AUv3 plugin extension included
- Background audio option
- Free Cloud service to easily exchange Programs and Midi Maps
Please note: to connect a USB-Midi controller, please use Apple's Camera Connection Kit (Lightning to USB-A). Don't connect your recharge cable to a USB host port, that won't transfer Midi data. For better performance, make sure your battery is fully charged or power your device wherever possible.
For more details, please read this Q&A article:
New in version 1.2.3:
- Fixed misbehavior when using the sustain pedal for sustaining notes
Ratings and Reviews
Guido’s brilliant programming has truly captured the essence of the unique and rich sound of the Hammond tonewheel organ/ Leslie tube type rotary speaker. I used the original VB3 on my laptop for live performances on a regular basis, for years. He has since brought this remarkable sounding Hammond/Leslie combo to the IOS platform. Taking VB3m to the next level, Guido has now given us the option, for a very modest price, to add the very same Leslie emulator, to our IOS devices, as is included in the newest laptop version of VB3 ver 2. This new Leslie emulator gives you greater control over its entire operation. He has accomplished all of this in an extremely tiny footprint. Purchasing VB3m and Rotary speaker is a must have combo for all keyboard players! Thanks, Guido for your remarkable programming abilities
Great app and.......
When I first heard the VB3 for PC I loved it. And when it was used as the engine for the Mojo I was sold. Kudos to Guido. I like the idea for this app and would like to see a few improvements such as user saved presets, midi learn, a clean setting on the drive knob
( all the way down, there is still a lot of drive at the zero point ), the Leslie speed switch also included on the organ page, maybe more presets too. I’m using my Mojo as midi controller and the drawbars and many of the buttons correspond. I notice my expression pedal only pushes the swell half way up though.
I think this is a great start and worth the price.
Wow. Thanks for the great update!
Thank you for your work on this app!! I have had many Hammond organs and Leslie’s in my day and this satisfies me completely! The percussion is awesome. I haven’t yet tried double manuals and a volume pedal yet but that’s next. The Leslie effect is wonderful as well. If you love the Hammond experience don’t hesitate to get this! I can’t recommend this enough! It’s great to see someone who really cares deliver such a wonderful musical tool. Thank you Guido!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SCOGNAMIGLIO GUIDO
- 18.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © GenuineSoundware
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.