LapTimer is a powerful laptiming app which works with the internal GPS of the iPhone or as a companion to the VBOX Sport which uses a high accuracy GPS receiver to enhance the capabilities of your iPhone.
Collecting GPS data at 20 times per second the VBOX Sport provides a level of accuracy currently unheard of with iPhone and iPad apps. Our LapTimer app uses this data to provide you with accurate lap times and predictive lap times for your vehicle.
You can use your iPhone or iPad to display your speed, your current lap time, your predicted lap time or a list of previous lap times all using the same VBOX technology used by many of the world’s major motor manufacturers and car magazines.
Auto track selection – based on your current location and using our comprehensive track map database, no need to set the start/finish line
Predicted lap time – using unique Racelogic algorithms to predict your current lap time based on your reference lap with delta-t shown in a red/green bar graph
Display current speed or maximum speed in mph or km/h
List of lap times, including sector times where available
Custom circuit creation – create your own track or circuit and start/finish line if required
Save your lap data in a Racelogic .vbo file for analysis in Circuit Tools software
Range of configuration options
All of the apps functionality is available when you are connected to a 20Hz VBOX Sport via Bluetooth to an iOS device running iOS 7.0 or later. If you are not connected to a VBOX Sport the app will use the 1Hz internal GPS of your Apple device with a corresponding reduction in accuracy.
Also available from iTunes are the Racelogic Performance Test and Diagnostics apps for VBOX Sport.
For more information on the VBOX Sport from Racelogic and to find details of your local dealer please visit www.vboxmotorsport.co.uk
• Lap time announcement – when a lap is completed, the lap time will be announced audibly if enabled in settings. This avoids the need to glance at the device to see the lap time. Voice can be heard via Bluetooth speaker/headphones if connected.
• When the 'Log VBO' option has been enabled in settings, the lap data will be saved and accessible via the iOS ‘Files’ app as a vbo file, for analysis in Circuit Tools iOS or OS X.
• Ability to ‘slow down’ the rate at which speed is refreshed – requested by customers that compete in boat races that have top speed restrictions over a period of time.
• Help link now goes directly to the app documentation.
• Circuit Database updated
• Ding sound when crossing the start/finish line has been removed.
• Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Please add CARPLAY support! Otherwise very good app
Racelogic has always bestnproducts in terms of hardware, but software wise you got to work more my friends!
What seperates your product from good to perfect in my opinion is:
- APPLE CARPLAY support
- adaptability in portrait/landscape mode, or at least design all your apps for one mode, and not one for portrait and another for landscape only ;)
Otherwise, awesome job!
11 mph minimum speed?
I would have liked to use this app to record autocross runs but there is an 11 mph minimum speed for setting the start/finish line. Not really a safe way to do that on an autocross course....or anywhere really.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 122.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Racelogic Limited