Sonic texture generator / blur / non-linear reverb
*** WARNING ***
Velvet Machine is an Audio Unit v3 plugin and requires a compatible host such as GarageBand, AUM, Cubasis, Audiobus etc. The provided standalone app does NOT support the currently deprecated Inter-App Audio.
Velvet Machine is a CPU-intensive effect. A *minimum* of 5th Gen iPad, iPhone 6s or 1st Gen iPhone SE is required to run a single instance at maximum settings. With shorter times and/or lower densities CPU use is proportionally lower, but can still be relatively high.
Velvet Machine is a unique audio effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise. Here is what it can do:
- Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds
- Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.)
- Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds)
PDF manual and video demos are available on developer website.
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature
- Effect time ranging from 50 ms to 10 s
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second
- Predelay up to 1 s
- Host tempo sync for time and predelay parameters
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant
- Tempo sync option for time and predelay
- Minimum time is now 50 ms and maximum predelay is 1 s. Presets saved with v1.0.0 will work, but you may have to adjust parameter automation in your existing host projects
- Tweaked automatic gain correction. You may have to adjust the levels in your existing presets or projects
- Updated UI including improved layout for smaller window sizes
- Lowered minimum required iOS version to 12. Velvet Machine’s CPU usage is the same, so please make sure to read the description for device requirements
- Various minor tweaks
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
An Ambient/Post Rock Gem
This effect is wonderful for ambient and post rock sounds. It does things that ordinarily require a few chained plugins to accomplish, and even then it would be difficult to imitate. It has a predictability about it that is rare in a reverb type effect, but it allows you to use it in ways normally reserved for a delay.
If washes of sound, and strange ambiences are your thing, this is the way.
Great sound designer
Another quality app there Yuri, I have been enjoying this app on anything I can throw at it so far, looking forward to using it more!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.