Graphical Analysis™ is a tool for science students to collect, graph, and analyze data from Vernier sensors.
Sensor data-collection support:
• Vernier Go Direct® sensors - with Bluetooth® wireless technology
• Vernier Go Wireless® Heart Rate and Go Wireless Exercise Heart Rate monitors
• Vernier LabQuest® sensors used with a LabQuest Stream interface
Additional experiment options:
• Data Sharing via Wi-Fi connection to LabQuest 2 or Logger Pro® 3
• Manual Entry
Note: Sensor data collection and Data Sharing require the purchase of hardware from Vernier Software & Technology. Manual entry of data can be performed without a hardware purchase. For more information on Data Sharing, visit http://www.vernier.com/css
Key Features - Data Collection
• Multi-sensor data-collection support
• Time Based, Event Based, Drop Counting, and Photogate data-collection modes
• Configurable data-collection rate and duration for time-based data collection
• Optional triggering of time-based data collection based on sensor value
• Customizable unit display on supported sensors
• Sensor calibrations
• Option to zero and reverse sensor readings
• Graph match feature for use with motion detectors
• Manual entry of data from keyboard and clipboard
Key Features - Data Analysis
• Display one, two, or three graphs simultaneously
• View data in a table or show a graph and table side-by-side
• Draw Predictions on a graph to uncover misconceptions
• Examine, interpolate/extrapolate, and select data
• Use Tangent tool to show instantaneous rates of change of the data
• Find area under a curve using the Integral tool
• Apply Statistics calculations to find mean, min, max, and standard deviation
• Perform curve fits, including linear, quadratic, natural exponent, and more
• Add calculated columns based on existing data to linearize data or investigate related concepts
Key Features - Collaboration and Sharing
• Create text annotations and add graph titles
• Export graphs and data for printing and inclusion in lab reports
• Export data in .CSV format for analysis of data in spreadsheet software such as Excel, Google Sheets, and Numbers
• Adjust font sizes for easier viewing when presenting to your class
Vernier Software & Technology has over 35 years of experience in providing effective learning resources for understanding experimental data in science and math classrooms. Graphical Analysis 4 is a part of the extensive system of sensors, interfaces, and data-collection software from Vernier for science and STEM education.
• Dark Mode display follows OS settings and can be enabled in Presentation settings.
New Pro Features:
• FFT graphs of time-based data.
• Point Symbols are included in Internet Data Share.
• Columns in Event-based data no longer appear out of order.
• Internet data sharing clients no longer stop updating graph if host does curve fit.
• Columns viewed with local (non-internet) data sharing are no longer duplicated.
• PDF exports no longer crash on iOS13.
• Support for iOS 12 has been dropped. Version 5.7.1 will, however, remain available for iOS 12 devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Great at curve fits, and free! Not well optimized for mobile though
This app is great at curve fitting for graphs, but it feels like it was pretty much just transplanted from the desktop version, with little thought to use on small screens. For example, when running a curve fit, the details of the curve take up the majority of the graph's view, with no way to resize it or move it to the side (though, oddly, it can be moved up and down)
Why so many 1 Stars...?
I don’t understand why this app is so lowly rated works just like it should.
Update: Completing my second physics lab with this app now and I still enjoy it. So far it has deleted one of my graphs when I closed it but it’s only done this once. I can plot multiple columns from multiple data sets in one graph which is great but you can’t pick and chose which columns you want plotted from each data set. So if you want to plot velocity from data set 1, tension from data set 2 and log (tension * velocity) from data set 3 you can’t. You can however do this in the PC version of Graphical Analysis but again a good app just understandably missing some features.
Excellent app for use with iPad and Vernier Go Wireless probes/sensors
If you are familiar with the use of Vernier probes and sensors (temp, pH, drop counter, pressure, etc.) along with the LabQuest devices, you will quickly adjust to this app.
Note: You do need Go Direct (wireless bluetooth) probes and sensors (or use LabQuest in data share mode via WiFi).
We have used this with many students, and the app works quite well. Still a few small bugs/feature refinement needed, however, virtually anything you could do with LabQuest you can do with this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vernier Software & Technology
- 40.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Vernier Software & Technology, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.