Vernier Graphical Analysis 4+
Data Collection and Analysis
Vernier Software & Technology
Graphical Analysis™ is a tool for science students to collect, graph, and analyze data from Vernier sensors.
Sensor data-collection support:
• Vernier Go Direct® sensors - with Bluetooth® wireless technology
• Vernier Go Wireless® Heart Rate and Go Wireless Exercise Heart Rate monitors
• Vernier LabQuest® sensors used with a LabQuest Stream interface
Additional experiment options:
• Data Sharing via Wi-Fi connection to LabQuest 2 or Logger Pro® 3
• Manual Entry
Note: Sensor data collection and Data Sharing require the purchase of hardware from Vernier Software & Technology. Manual entry of data can be performed without a hardware purchase. For more information on Data Sharing, visit http://www.vernier.com/css
Key Features - Data Collection
• Multi-sensor data-collection support
• Time Based, Event Based, Drop Counting, and Photogate data-collection modes
• Configurable data-collection rate and duration for time-based data collection
• Optional triggering of time-based data collection based on sensor value
• Customizable unit display on supported sensors
• Sensor calibrations
• Option to zero and reverse sensor readings
• Graph match feature for use with motion detectors
• Manual entry of data from keyboard and clipboard
Key Features - Data Analysis
• Display one, two, or three graphs simultaneously
• View data in a table or show a graph and table side-by-side
• Draw Predictions on a graph to uncover misconceptions
• Examine, interpolate/extrapolate, and select data
• Use Tangent tool to show instantaneous rates of change of the data
• Find area under a curve using the Integral tool
• Apply Statistics calculations to find mean, min, max, and standard deviation
• Perform curve fits, including linear, quadratic, natural exponent, and more
• Add calculated columns based on existing data to linearize data or investigate related concepts
Key Features - Collaboration and Sharing
• Create text annotations and add graph titles
• Export graphs and data for printing and inclusion in lab reports
• Export data in .CSV format for analysis of data in spreadsheet software such as Excel, Google Sheets, and Numbers
• Adjust font sizes for easier viewing when presenting to your class
Vernier Software & Technology has over 35 years of experience in providing effective learning resources for understanding experimental data in science and math classrooms. Graphical Analysis 4 is a part of the extensive system of sensors, interfaces, and data-collection software from Vernier for science and STEM education.
• Fixes a problem for iOS / iPadOS 16.4 users in which the keyboard would pop up anytime you tap on the screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Vernier ruined my life
Before downloading this app to use for my physics class I was happy. And safe. But now I’m depressed. This app has Bluetooth constantly enabled and won’t turn off even after downloading!!!!! I had to sell my phone but it was still to late and I developed stage 4 testicular cancer from my phone being in my pocket. It’s ok because when I die I will live on because it already stole my identity and sold it to China. This morning I was approached by a man who asked if I wanted to play a game for money to pay for my cancer treatment. He would pay me if I won but if I lost he got to slap me weird. Anyways he gave me a card with 3 shapes and a phone number to continue playing. I called and am about to get into the car picking me up. It appears the guy has a red jump suit on. I will update again later if this guy works for vernier to save me.
Why so many 1 Stars...?
I don’t understand why this app is so lowly rated works just like it should.
Update: Completing my second physics lab with this app now and I still enjoy it. So far it has deleted one of my graphs when I closed it but it’s only done this once. I can plot multiple columns from multiple data sets in one graph which is great but you can’t pick and chose which columns you want plotted from each data set. So if you want to plot velocity from data set 1, tension from data set 2 and log (tension * velocity) from data set 3 you can’t. You can however do this in the PC version of Graphical Analysis but again a good app just understandably missing some features.
Immediately received a series of inexplicable urinary tract infections
Got this app for my physics app and worked great. However, I noticed a sharp burning in the bathroom. Every graph I make, it gets more and more painful. My doctor prescribed me with antibiotics for the infections, but to no avail. I have had a catheter inserted for a month now and have to switch it out every evening. The pain is unbearable. My wife and children haven’t spoken to me in weeks. I think I will get my member removed in the coming days because I simply cannot take it anymore. It all started because of Vernier graphical analysis, and I hold the developers entirely responsible. Great graphing though.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vernier Software & Technology
- 169.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2023 Vernier Software & Technology, LLC