Free access for a limited time.
Enjoy The Chosen and Dry Bar Comedy and other original content.
Watch & filter your favorite streaming accounts however the bleep you want – Amazon Prime®, Netflix®, HBO® – ALL IN ONE PLACE. Enjoy exclusive access to VidAngel Originals.
Filter your favorite content to fit your unique family’s needs, with filters for violence, nudity, profanity, and more.
How does VidAngel work?
• VidAngel is constantly adding new movies and shows. Browse titles or search for your favorites.
• Instantly watch as many TV episodes & movies as you want, as often as you want, HOWEVER you want.
• Instantly stream on your iOS devices.
Link your streaming accounts in the VidAngel app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
New format is awful
Before now, I gave it a full 5 stars. It had troubles, but it was worth the hassle because of the service it offers. I concur with the negative reviews of the “update”. The categories were used frequently in this home. I no longer have my “keep watching list”. Plus, it will have me (try to) “connect” over and over until I have just given up on it. It will literally say “Success” as I finish it and then goes right back to the sign-in screen as though I never actually did it in the first place - only to have it say “Success!” again and repeat and rinse etc. . It says it is supposed to stream - but doesn’t. It will show my screen - as if it were screen mirroring, and the sound will play from the appleTV, but we still are watching the “still screen” that is on the phone. That went on for over 30 min, trying to watch Counterpart. I was watching Amazing Stories - only for a few minutes at a time. When I tried to use it on streaming to the appleTV, it kept cutting off every few minutes saying that streaming was not available. So, #1, why does it give that as an option and, #2, why would it stream for several minutes at a time before cutting iff and saying that? Today - it won’t allow me to watch it AT ALL. Beyond annoying. There are many many other issues, but these are the ones that stand out the most.
I downloaded the other day and find the following issues:
1. Graphically, the show thumbnails are MASSIVE and actually take a scroll or two to get to the function buttons - Watch Now, or Filters, etc. (and i’m using the 12.9 in iPad Pro).
2. A more annoying issue is that when the show is playing, the devices day/time, battery, wifi, and menu bar do not disappear. It’s extremely distracting having them present throughout the whole show.
3. The edit bar that showed how your filters impact the show/episode/film was removed for some reason. That used to be a very helpful feature.
1. Quite simply, I can’t watch anything on it because it either will say there is no internet connectivity upon starting my selection, or if it does finally decide to start my selection, it will play for a few minutes then totally take over my Apple TV by freezing it on a full screen message stating, “We’re sorry there was an error”, or something of that nature. I actually need to restart my device to get it to close the app.
I understand needing to make updates, but these items are so blatant i’m not sure how/why this version was released.
Update is THE worst
Used to love using this app. Interface was easy to use. Different categories were great and I appreciated knowing how much time I was cutting out by using the filters. New interface is clunky and not intuitive. Also...It no longer will airplay to Apple TV and if I try to cast using chrome cast it times out every few minutes and makes the experience of tryin to cast or airplay to my tv so unbearable that it’s not worth the money or the hassle. Probably will cancel if things don’t get sorted out in the next week. In the middle of a pandemic when people are shut inside and wanting to stream content more than ever is the wrong time to try and make updates. Previously was 5 stars.
- VidAngel, Inc
- 54.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2020
- In-App Purchases
- $1 VidAngel Credit $0.99
- $2 VidAngel Credit $1.99
- $20 VidAngel Credit $19.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.