Protect your home and family from offensive content in movies and shows. VidAngel lets you filter profanity, nudity, violence, and more.
Have you ever sat down to watch a show, only for an unexpected sex scene or barrage of foul language to send you scrambling for the remote control?
Over a million people have used VidAngel to skip the stuff they don’t want to see or hear in thousands of streaming movies and TV shows. With VidAngel, you set customizable filters for content such as profanity, blasphemy, nudity, adult content, graphic violence and more, putting you in complete control of the entertainment in your home.
How does VidAngel work?
• Sign up for a VidAngel account. We offer monthly subscriptions and you can cancel at any time (see our subscription and other end-user terms of service at https://www.vidangel.com/terms).
• Connect your existing streaming services–VidAngel works with Netflix®, Prime Video®, Apple TV+® and a number of Amazon® premium channels, including Paramount+®, STARZ®, AMC+®, Showtime®, PBS Masterpiece® and Britbox®.
• VidAngel also offers a ton of original content from Angel Studios, including The Chosen and Dry Bar Comedy, all included with your VidAngel subscription.
• Set default filters for the stuff you never want to see or hear. You can also fine tune your filters each time you watch.
• Pop some popcorn.
• Hit play and enjoy the show on your iOS device, without the stuff that used to make you squirm.
Start binging with less cringing today, with VidAngel.
Fix issue with crashes with video player
Ratings and Reviews
New format is awful
Before now, I gave it a full 5 stars. It had troubles, but it was worth the hassle because of the service it offers. I concur with the negative reviews of the “update”. The categories were used frequently in this home. I no longer have my “keep watching list”. Plus, it will have me (try to) “connect” over and over until I have just given up on it. It will literally say “Success” as I finish it and then goes right back to the sign-in screen as though I never actually did it in the first place - only to have it say “Success!” again and repeat and rinse etc. . It says it is supposed to stream - but doesn’t. It will show my screen - as if it were screen mirroring, and the sound will play from the appleTV, but we still are watching the “still screen” that is on the phone. That went on for over 30 min, trying to watch Counterpart. I was watching Amazing Stories - only for a few minutes at a time. When I tried to use it on streaming to the appleTV, it kept cutting off every few minutes saying that streaming was not available. So, #1, why does it give that as an option and, #2, why would it stream for several minutes at a time before cutting iff and saying that? Today - it won’t allow me to watch it AT ALL. Beyond annoying. There are many many other issues, but these are the ones that stand out the most.
I downloaded the other day and find the following issues:
1. Graphically, the show thumbnails are MASSIVE and actually take a scroll or two to get to the function buttons - Watch Now, or Filters, etc. (and i’m using the 12.9 in iPad Pro).
2. A more annoying issue is that when the show is playing, the devices day/time, battery, wifi, and menu bar do not disappear. It’s extremely distracting having them present throughout the whole show.
3. The edit bar that showed how your filters impact the show/episode/film was removed for some reason. That used to be a very helpful feature.
1. Quite simply, I can’t watch anything on it because it either will say there is no internet connectivity upon starting my selection, or if it does finally decide to start my selection, it will play for a few minutes then totally take over my Apple TV by freezing it on a full screen message stating, “We’re sorry there was an error”, or something of that nature. I actually need to restart my device to get it to close the app.
I understand needing to make updates, but these items are so blatant i’m not sure how/why this version was released.
My go-to for streaming
I cannot believe there are so few reviews on here. I have been using Vidangel for the past few years. There are some hiccups now and then with the app losing verification with streaming services but nothing that is too inconvenient. It’s our families go-to for watching most streaming content. The app does not have licensing for HBO or Disney products but I don’t miss those shows anyway. There’s plenty of good content available to choose from and they are frequently uploading new content to view. The process is easy to set up, you can set broad filters to remove all of a specific content you want filtered and also manage individual filters as well if you want to allow certain filters for a specific movie. So easy and so seamless, you can hardly tell when something was removed. Anyway, just wanted to give a recent review since there doesn’t seem to be any on here. I recommend Vidangel to all my family and friends. It’s worth it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate the kind words and support! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@VidAngel.com.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- VidAngel Entertainment, LLC
- 45.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023
- In-App Purchases
- VidAngel Stream Pass $9.99
- Pay It Forward - $14.99 $14.99