As an app, you can enter a URL and immediately see the source code behind it. As an extension, it's even easier: just browse the web in Safari as you normally would, and if you want to view the source for your current page just tap the Action icon and choose View Source. You can then either copy the text to your pasteboard for use in other apps, or send it as an email.
To enable the Safari extension on iOS 8, launch Safari, tap the action button on the toolbar, scroll right to the end, then tap More. Make sure View Source is enabled, then position it wherever you want it in the list of Safari actions, and tap Done.
This app is optimised for all iOS 8-compatible devices, including the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
This is a huge upgrade, adding many new features for free. Again, thank you to everyone who has emailed or tweeted with suggestions – please keep them coming!
- NEW: The asset browser lets you see images, stylesheets, and copy them to your photo library or pasteboard.
- NEW: The DOM browser lets you navigate through a web page's hierarchy using a collapsible tree.
- NEW: See key information such as page size, character set and cookies.
- NEW: When you're using the app you can now navigate straight to previously used pages using the History screen.
- NEW: Use the URL scheme viewsource:// to launch the app from another app on your device.
- NEW: If you launch the app with a URL on your pasteboard, you'll now be prompted whether you want to view that URL's source code.
- IMPROVED: When conducting a search, you'll now see a special search toolbar that lets you navigate between results.
Again, thank you for your support! If you have requests for new features, get in touch on Twitter @twostraws.
Ratings and Reviews
This is an excellent app, but it lacks one important feature. It badly needs the ability to search within the source of a page. Other than that, it’s a well done app
Best $.99 I ever spent in the App Store
This app is really nice. It earned the fifth star when I found the Solarized Light theme. Fantastic. Does what it promises to do and stays out of the way otherwise.
The only improvement that I can suggest is that there are some settings buried under a 'share' icon and that's confusing UX. IMHO the next version of this app should move its settings into the standard system preferences dialog shared by other apps. Or at least put the settings under a gear icon, not a share icon.
Excellent extension for devs & more
This utility works great and is valuable to anyone doing web development for mobile. I also use it to quickly snag graphics or other resources from web pages using the "assets" tab of the view. Just select the asset and then Save to your Photo library.
Feature request- Please add <link> tag assets for things like fav icons and apple-touch-icon-precomposed
The developer, Paul Hudson, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Paul Hudson
- 11.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014 Paul Hudson
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.