Viking Synth 4+


Blamsoft, Inc.

    • 4.7 • 36 Ratings
    • Free



Viking Synth is an authentic emulation of a classic monophonic analog synthesizer. It has three continuously variable wave oscillators, two ladder filters with a Dual Lowpass or Highpass/Lowpass configuration, a multi-wave LFO, and two modulation busses. Viking Synth uses state of the art DSP technology to accurately reproduce the sound of the hardware. You get a desktop quality plug-in at an iOS friendly price.

Viking Synth is an Audio Unit Extension Instrument (AUv3) that works as a plug-in inside host apps. Just open up your favorite host that supports Audio Unit Instruments and select it from the list of available Audio Units. Compatible with GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria, BeatMaker, AudioBus, AUM, Modstep, and more.

The user interface of Viking Synth is designed for quick and intuitive control. Knobs and sliders expand during tweaking and are designed so the current value isn't hidden below your finger. The six pages divide the synth into logical sections that can be accessed quickly. The filter display acts as an XY pad for controlling cutoff and resonance. Simply double tap a knob or slider to reset it to its default value.

Viking Synth comes with 228 presets in the categories Bass, Bright Lead, Electro Bass, FX, Percussive Lead, Soft Lead, and Synthwave. The synth excels at thick bass and rich lead sounds. The 50 Electro Bass and 50 Synthwave presets were designed by renowned sound designer eXode. Presets work perfectly with GarageBand, Cubasis, and AUM.

At the heart of Viking are three adjustable wave oscillators. The continuously variable waveform knob gives the oscillators a unique sound that can’t be achieved with the fixed waveforms found in most synths. A noise oscillator provides three types of noise, one specifically modeled after the hardware.

Two modulation busses and an LFO provide flexible modulation capabilities. All of the options hidden deep in menus on the hardware are immediately accessible with one tap.

The filters are classic transistor ladder filters modeled meticulously. Two DSP varieties are available allowing for either reduced CPU load or soft clipping plus three additional overdriven modes. The number of poles is adjustable for a wider range of filter sounds.

Compare Viking to other synths:
– Viking’s oscillators are free running, not sampled, wavetable based, or generated from a zero point
– Viking’s oscillators use advanced techniques to avoid aliasing
– Viking’s oscillators have instability, which is controllable through the tuning drift control
– Viking’s nonlinear filter uses circuit modeling and provides soft clipping

What’s New

Version 1.2.0

Fixed automation recording for Logic Pro

Ratings and Reviews

4.7 out of 5
36 Ratings

36 Ratings

Rms1113 ,

Versatile FREE monosynth

This synth is can generate gnarly bass tones. It’s my starter bass in my AUM projects right now.
It can do acid tones, but more laid back stiff, too. It has a versatile filter section that sounds great. It’s versatile without being cumbersome. Generally, it’s straightforward and easy to use. AND, every parameter can be automated via MIDI. Pair this with some LFO’s to add some tonal variations and “spice” on repetitive basslines.

qweenxtine ,

Great sound, problems with presets

Using this in GarageBand version 2.3.15 on my iPad Pro iOS 17.1.2

This app is frustrating because it sounds awesome and the presets are amazing, but for some reason the presets only show up maybe 10% of the time I start a new track. The other 90% of the time it just says “default” or “preset” but when I click on it there’s just an empty window where the preset library should be. Sometimes the presets will work on a track but when I click back in to choose a new one they mysteriously disappear. It’s too bad because I really want to use this app but the inconsistency of the preset library is making it untenable for use.

Devs do you have any advice? I’ve deleted and reinstalled, powered on and off: still having the same issue.


Glad to see the auv3 first adopters still giving us presets after all this time !

Kudos would love to see something new I definitely would support!

App Privacy

The developer, Blamsoft, Inc., indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below. For more information, see the developer’s privacy policy.

Data Not Collected

The developer does not collect any data from this app.

Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More

More By This Developer

Zero Reverb
Zero Chorus
F-16 Filter
Resampler Bitcrusher
DC-9 Overdrive

You Might Also Like

DLYM - Delay Modulator
Analog Rack Delay
BLEASS Monolit
Primer synth
Magic Switch - Baby Audio