It’s now easier to access your upcoming trips, check-in and obtain your boarding pass with our new app. You’ll still be able to enjoy:
• Retrieving and storing future bookings.
Stop looking for your boarding pass. Just a few taps in the app and you are on your way.
• Request and manage your seats on the go*
*Note: The purchasing of Economy X is not currently available.
• Velocity Points and Status Credits
Track your Velocity Points and Status Credits activity.
• Velocity Digital Membership card.
Carry one less card around with you.
• Receive instant notifications when it’s time to check-in your flight.
• Special Fares.
Get in first on our best deals.
• Navigate your way through the Airports with wayfinding maps
There are even more exciting features to come, but for now, sit back, relax and get going with the new Virgin Australia app.
In this release:
• Can now cancel bookings that are made directly with us
• Made it easier to add your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership to bookings
• Link to claim missing Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
Ratings and Reviews
For critical services (like login and check in) it just opens a web window that sometimes works.
I’m successfully logged into this app, but it does NOT show any of my upcoming trips, even though they show up fine when I log into the VA website in a browser. If i try searching for a trip using the booking reference, it gives me a generic error message. Waste of time.
I’m surprised VA has such a cumbersome and awkward app. I just went in to check in and get mobile boarding passes for me, my wife and my daughter. I got mine and added it to Wallet without a problem. And then it ended the check-in process.
When I tried again, it just kept showing me the single boarding pass I’d downloaded. What about the other two? In order to check them in, I had to go to the mobile site, log in with my name, reference and airport and then - since downloading to Wallet wasn’t an option this time - get their boarding passes texted to me, follow the link sent and then download the boarding passes. What a rigmarole!
It’s not good enough. I travel in the US a lot. If you want to see how a good airline app should be like, look at Delta’s. Virgin could learn from that.
- VIRGIN AUSTRALIA HOLDINGS PTY LIMITED
- 95.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Virgin Australia Pty Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.