Visual Attention Therapy helps brain injury and stroke survivors, as well as struggling students, to improve scanning abilities. It also helps rehab professionals to assess for neglect and provide more efficient and effective therapy for attention deficits.
Visual Attention Therapy Lite gives you a free taste of the customization and utility of the full app: Visual Attention Therapy. This lite version lets you try Test and Practice modes with one level and layout, but is otherwise a fully functional app, allowing you to try 1 or 2 targets, all the signal and target colors and styles, and send e-mail reports.
Practicing scanning from left to right across a page helps retrain the brain to move the eyes correctly. Strengthening this essential skill can improve reading, concentration, memory, attention to detail, and speed of processing. Using two targets at once can help users with working memory and alternating attention.
1) Use the Test mode to help determine if a scanning or attention deficit exists.
2) Use the Practice mode to train scanning to find targets in order.
CANCELLATION TASKS JUST GOT BETTER
This professional cognitive training app takes traditional cancellation exercises, the evidence-based standard for testing and treating visuospatial neglect, and enhances them with benefits that are only available through technology:
* Targets must be tapped from left to right, top to bottom in Practice mode, training users to slow down and scan the entire screen before they can move forward.
* Sidebar signal can flash in a variety of colors to draw attention to the left or right.
* Auditory and a variety of visual cues give instant feedback and keep users engaged.
* Timed exercises increase motivation to work quickly and accurately.
* No need to spend time counting errors. Automated scoring includes data for accuracy by quadrant, time for completion, and mistakes in professional e-mailed reports.
* Adjustable layouts and 10 levels of difficulty allow you to customize the experience to meet changing needs or multiple users.
* An endless variety of combinations eliminates the need to photocopy exercises and saves paper.
Visual Attention Therapy was developed by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist and is used worldwide by SLPs, occupational therapists, vision specialists, and neuropsychologists to help adults and children with dyslexia, dementia, and attentional deficits.
People of all ages enjoy racing against the clock to challenge themselves to improve on their scores while improving their cognitive and reading skills. Levels featuring letters can support literacy goals, while symbol-based levels challenge visual memory skills.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“This app takes a simple, familiar format and turns it into a dynamic, interactive tool with the ability to be age appropriate for anyone from preschoolers to elderly adults.” —SLP
“Visual Attention Therapy is guaranteed to be one of those beautiful apps that, when you see it and try it out, will make you exclaim 'Finally!' We were this close to hugging it, to be honest. Thanks for yet another amazing release, Tactus Therapy.” —SLP
“I was not sure if children would be motivated to use this app, but the 'no nonsense' approach really seemed to help the children with their attention & task persistence. They especially enjoyed the immediate feedback they got regarding their speed & accuracy. I recommend this app for school-aged children having difficulty with visual scanning/tracking, reading, working memory, & copying skills.”—OT
This app contains no outside ads or in-app purchases, does not collect or transmit personal data, and links can be deactivated. Supporting evidence for the design of this app can be found at www.tactustherapy.com.
* fix bugs to give you the best experience
In Visual Attention Therapy 2.0
* new tabbed set-up screen gives you quick access to the most important settings in one place
* download a new user guide with tips from the Info screen
* share, print, copy, or send reports at the end of each session
* levels 8 & 9 switched to better reflect increasing difficulty order
* change the appearance of cancelled targets and the sidebar signal from within the exercise
* refreshed design for the home screen buttons make it easier to get started
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Stroke survivor 1
Easy to use and helpful way to start on your own!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, we're glad you're finding the app helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions.
After reading the (last) review, I was a little worried...however, the first page you click test or preview... the next shows what this is a "preview" of...IF you click on that, it will take you to the "store" HOWEVER, to the right there is an ARROW button...click that and it takes you to the sample! This is really a great VISUAL CONCENTRATION app! Having to click left to right on the "letters" they choose among other shapes, letters...I tried the "2 targets" which were q & p...I caught myself clicking on some p and d just b/c i wasn't paying attention! This will be a GREAT concentration app for my daughter! AS with all the Tactus Apps...LOVE IT! Keep up the good work! The full version is going on my "wish list'!!!!!!!
Great opportunity to try the product before buying
This lite version gives consumers the ability to try out the app in both test and practice mode (practice mode including modifiable use of a signal helping the player move from left to right). As a lite version, it is nice that many options are still included including differing targets and the option of 1-2 targets. Great opportunity to try out an app that will be valuable in remediating skills lost after stroke or brain injury
- Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd
- 13.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.