Visual Math 4D is a graphical calculator that allows you to visualize and solve your mathematical equations. It supports various types of equations, such as polar, spherical, parametric and implicit equations, which can be visualized and animated in 2D and 3D. You can also plot and animate vector fields in 2D and 3D.
- solve equations
- plot cartesian functions with intersections
- plot polar- and spherical functions
- plot parametric equations in 2D and 3D
- plot complex functions (draw real part & imaginary part)
- plot vector fields in 2D and 3D
- plot implicit equations in 2D and 3D
- plot contour maps ins 2D and 3D
- support for complex numbers
- vectors & matrices
- truth- and value tables
- trigonometrical and hyperbolic functions
- piecewise-defined functions
- logarithmic functions
- logical & binary operators
- definite integral
- n-th derivations
- statistical functions (nPr, nCr, rand..)
- physical and mathematical constants with their units
- animate variables
- share content with other apps
- no network connection required
- and a lot more
The app is easy to use and helps students and engineers to visualize and solve their mathematical equations.
- draw intersection points and show their coordinates
- optimized expression rendering
- select and focus functions using gestures.
- new functions are supported, like modulo, fact, nPr, nCr, lcm, gcd, rand etc..
- support for the last result (ans)
- copy & paste your equations
- new device support
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful app But...
This is a useful tool to have, but on my ipad pro(9.7-inch)(ios 13.5.1) I seem to be unable to hide the calculator as it is done in the video, and it would be nice to be able to use the whole screen for the visualization. I have tried opening the menu, but the calculator doesn’t react(on my iphone opening the menu closes the calculator), and the calculator button doesn’t do anything. I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting the device, but it didn’t help. Is this a bug, is the calculator simply a permanent fixture, or am I just stupid?
Closes immediately after opening
I’m a university professor - thought this might help with classes. Unfortunately it shuts down just after opening. Hope this gets fixed. :(
Edit: reinstalling did work!! Thanks! Currently trying to figure out how to plot Poles and Zeros for DSP transfer functions (the 3-D kind on the unit circle as a kind of terrain plot). A DSP add-on package would be great!!!
Developer Response ,
could you reinstall the app and restart it.
Which device and iOS-Version you are using?
The newest update needs iOS 11.
I frequently use Visual Math 4d. A friend sent it to me because I always talk about math and draw functions or explain the algebra behind things...
I use the App to combat boredom, to learn about new domains, and, the elegance of the Visuals allows me to enjoy even the simplest parameters.
I would recommend this app to anyone.
I wish there was a community that discusses this app, as I have not seen any documentation or tutorial videos or message boards. The app seems to be powerful enough and maybe I am not looking in the right places.
Thanks for the great app!!
- Ronny Weidemann
- 117.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Ronny Weidemann
- In-App Purchases
- Coffee $0.99
- Cappuccino $1.99
- Sandwich $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.