Visual Math 4D is a graphical calculator that allows you to visualize and solve your mathematical equations. It supports various types of equations, such as polar, spherical, parametric and implicit equations, which can be visualized and animated in 2D and 3D. You can also plot and animate vector fields in 2D and 3D.
- solve equations
- plot cartesian functions with intersections
- plot polar- and spherical functions
- plot parametric equations in 2D and 3D
- plot complex functions (draw real part & imaginary part)
- plot vector fields in 2D and 3D
- plot implicit equations in 2D and 3D
- plot contour maps ins 2D and 3D
- support for complex numbers
- vectors & matrices
- truth- and value tables
- trigonometrical and hyperbolic functions
- piecewise-defined functions
- logarithmic functions
- logical & binary operators
- definite integral
- n-th derivations
- statistical functions (nPr, nCr, rand..)
- physical and mathematical constants with their units
- animate variables
- share content with other apps
- no network connection required
- and a lot more
The app is easy to use and helps students and engineers to visualize and solve their mathematical equations.
- draw intersection points and show their coordinates
- optimized expression rendering
- select and focus functions using gestures.
- new functions are supported, like modulo, fact, nPr, nCr, lcm, gcd, rand etc..
- support for the last result (ans)
- copy & paste your equations
- new device support
Ratings and Reviews
Closes immediately after opening
I’m a university professor - thought this might help with classes. Unfortunately it shuts down just after opening. Hope this gets fixed. :(
Edit: reinstalling did work!! Thanks! Currently trying to figure out how to plot Poles and Zeros for DSP transfer functions (the 3-D kind on the unit circle as a kind of terrain plot). A DSP add-on package would be great!!!
Developer Response ,
could you reinstall the app and restart it.
Which device and iOS-Version you are using?
The newest update needs iOS 11.
Calculator doesn’t work!
This app is useless. The calculator doesn’t work. The only thing you can graph are the saved functions... you cannot enter anything! Totally useless...
Developer Response ,
It's not correct. You can draw and calculate value tables with each equation you like. You need to select the Calculator-Mode.
Easy to use, ok app. Scaling/range could use work.
I like the ease of graphing with this app and in this regard, it's probably the most convenient and fast I've seen.
Unfortunately, a few graphs, like quadric surfaces, will show up incorrectly unless your scaling of the axes is exactly right. For example, when drawing an implicit graph of z^2=x^2+y^2, if the range is set to the default, it will graph a 2-sheet hyperboloid instead of a double cone. This is fine for graphs that I'm already familiar with, but would pose a big issue with graphs that are new. How would I ever know if what I'm seeing is correct?
If this gets fixed, I think this would, hands down, be the best graphing app in store.
Also, an undo button would be nice!!
- Ronny Weidemann
- 117.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Ronny Weidemann
- In-App Purchases
- Coffee $0.99
- Cappuccino $1.99
- Sandwich $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.