Determine hospice eligibility at a glance with color-coded, disease-specific guidelines, palliative performance scale & referral by face sheet upload.
VITAS® Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of end-of-life care, offers easy-to-use hospice resources for clinicians.
Start by personalizing your role-based profile: physician; advanced practice provider; nurse (RN/LPN/LVN); case manager; social worker; healthcare administrator; PT/OT/RD/RT/SLP, or VITAS employee.
Determine your patient's hospice eligibility at a glance with color-coded, disease-specific hospice eligibility guidelines and functional assessment tools. Refer patients quickly and seamlessly to VITAS via face sheet capture or form submission from your device.
Assess disease-specific hospice eligibility quickly:
● Alzheimer’s and Non-Alzheimer’s Dementia
● Heart Disease
● Liver Disease
● Lung Disease
● Renal Disease
● General hospice guidelines
Make Informed eligibility/referral decisions with interactive assessment tools
● Interactive Palliative Performance Scale (PPS) assesses a patient’s functional status/activities of daily living (ADLs); instant 10%-100% PPS rating offers guidance on hospice eligibility and intuitively suggests next step
● BMI calculator includes a guide to determine whether patient's BMI is under, normal, over or obese
Refer patients to hospice easily, quickly and securely
● Face sheet photo capture
● Mobile form submission
● Immediate confirmation of successful submission and quick VITAS response to support
seamless transition to hospice care
Find VITAS hospice locations or contact staff
● Use zip code or state maps to find VITAS service areas, office locations, phone numbers and inpatient hospice units
● Tap to call VITAS admissions staff or to request contact by phone/email
Enhance your hospice knowledge
● Explore and register for VITAS webinars on end-of-life care topics (earn CE/CME credit for some roles and in some states) and receive in-app reminders and calendar updates.
● Share VITAS hospice information/PDFs easily with patients, family members, colleagues and non-app users
When your seriously or terminally ill patients are ready for hospice care, refer them securely
and confidently via this app to VITAS professionals in 14 states and the District of Columbia.
Converting between opioid regimens has never been easier!
Ratings and Reviews
Regional Director of Market Development
Has a healthcare professional with over 14 years of experience I have the opportunity to work with dozens of healthcare apps and I have to say hands down this app stands alone with its functionality and education. Highly recommend!!
The new update is very user friendly!
Love that the app is very flexible customization, based on what kind of user you are. It makes it more personable and enjoyable to use.
Director of Market Development
The VITAS app is a great resource for both, the community at large and for healthcare professionals! It clearly defines the benefits to receiving VITAS services and the criteria for each diagnosis. It is very clear and concise! Great tool!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- VITAS Healthcare Corporation
- 48.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © VITAS Healthcare