Remote for VLC provides full-featured fast and reliable control of the VLC application for MacOS. Everyone in the family can have one on their iPhone or iPad. Remote for VLC uses your wireless network and doesn't suffer the drawbacks of infra-red controllers.
Remote for VLC can be used from any room in your house, or the convenience of your arm chair. The large buttons are easy to find on the table, and you can adjust the button sensitivity to avoid accidental taps as you fumble for your device in between the beer and peanuts.
A single tap gets you commonly used actions. Swipe buttons up, down, left or right for less common operations. The help screen explains the functionality of each button in full.
• Play, pause
• Skip forward and backwards by a custom durations, or frame at a time
• Fast forward and rewind (2 custom speeds, including slow motion)
• Shuffle forwards or backwards
• Select next and previous videos (or audio), or choose from your playlist or Media Library
• Select videos to play from anywhere on your computer, including external drives
• Show video and audio information
• Open, close and maximize the playback window
• Volume up, down and mute operations
• Sleep your computer
• Optional password protection, to stop the kids taking over.
Free companion software needs to be installed onto the MacOS computer running the VLC software. The companion software is 'JazzRemoteServer', and can be downloaded from www.jazzmedia.com.au/vlc/.
Requires Mac OS-X version 10.9 or later, VLC version 2.2.4 or later (will likely work on earlier versions).
Requires your iOS device to be on the same WiFi network as the computer running the VLC software.
This project is not affiliated with the VideoLAN community.
©2017-2018 Jazz Media Pty Ltd.
Internal improvements to maintain compatibility with future iOS versions.
Minor bug fixes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.