The VTines instrument is based on real samples of a 1978 Fender Rhodes© Mark1 fully restored with clean pickups and tines, new grommets, new hammer tips, etc, so it is the best an electric piano can sound. Our model gives you access to a 100% continuous response, a very small sized library (90Mb), common FX and adjustable bell and release volumes. It also ensures that the staccatos and releases that make up for half of the realism sound perfect, not like a fadeout, not too loud, just perfect.
The second concentric knobs control Treble and Bass, just like on a real suitcase Rhodes. We measured this carefully and made sure the ranges and frequencies matched the original.
The vibrato has two controls, the depth and the speed. We carefully measured the output of the preamp and copied the real output of each channel. We also added a tempo link as it can be very useful. We also extended the original range as this is a common mod on real Rhodes.
We measured the output of the preamp of a Rhodes© suitcase and created an exact replica of the stereo panning of the Vibrato. We just added the possibility to sync it to your tempo and also extended the speed range just like some real mods do.
There are two very common FX accessible on the front panel: reverb and drive. You can also engage the AMP simulation from the front panel.
The VTines combines samples and modeling techniques to accurately reproduce the sound of the original instrument. This allows the VTines to weight only 90Mb, to really sound like a Fender Rhodes with all of its imperfections and to have a fully continuous response.
The « Live » version of our instruments has been especially thought for Live performance usage. CPU and RAM footprints have been optimized, so that our model can run on IOS devices. We paid a particular attention to making it easy to connect and use with external MIDI keyboards, and/or within you favorite AUv3 host
- Sampling and modeling hybrid of a Mark1 Fender Rhodes©
- Full continuous velocity
- Perfect staccatos and release samples
- 7 high quality presets
- Bass and treble EQ adjusted to the frequencies and ranges of the original preamp
- Precise modeling of the original Vibrato effect (can be synched to the host tempo)
- Very detailed Rhodes© AMP simulation
- Reverberation and Drive FX
- Adjustable pedal volume, release volume and bell amount
- Adjustable MIDI response, input sources and channels
- Adjustable MIDI CCs to control knobs and switches
- Standalone app and AUv3 plug-in
- Low download and installation size (less than 90 Mb)
- Reasonably low RAM and CPU footprint
- Fixing issues related to audio routing and interruptions (possible crashes and muting)
- Improving VoiceOver navigation and labelling
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been gigging with this paired with AUM and it has been great so far. Best sounding Rhodes on iOS by far. Almost as good as keyscape, seriously. My only complaint is that the low notes have too much bark and there’s not much you can do to tweak that, so I just created a split with neo soul keys for the bass notes.
We NEED Vreeds next. Please bring it to iOS!
Superb sound with great control & flexibility. This is the best I’ve heard.
Super light on resources, super sound, and super app! This is an awesome example of an AUV3! Just buy it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 89.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 AcousticSamples
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.