Discover Pisa through the urban routes of Walking in the City, the Free Official App for Tourism of the City of Pisa.
- Visit Pisa choosing between 8 urban routes.
- Explore the city by visiting the places around you.
- Plan your visit! Create and save your routes even at home, by choosing what you want to see based on your interests or the time you have available.
- Write the story of your visit to Pisa saving photos and places in the Diary.
- Review the stages on Google Earth
- Share places, Routes and Stories with your friends on the major Social Networks.
Do not miss any of the Pisa’s treasures: the app sends you a notification when you are near a place not to be missed.
- More than 100 points of interest geo-localized on the map, among monuments, churches, palaces, gardens, museums and archaeological sites.
- Description cards of the places available even offline.
- Support to the visit with Compass: even offline, you can be guided to the point of interest.
- Connection to the Maps for the routing functionality.
- Saving Stories in KML
Walking in the City Info point: Piazza Duomo in Pisa, near the Leaning Tower.
For more information: www.turismo.pisa.it
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
I recently travelled to Pisa and had bought around a half dozen guidebooks to Tuscany with me (I know, significant overkill). This app, though, listed significantly more historic sights than any of the guidebooks and contained good information about all of them. For the most significant of the sites, it can’t compare with a guidebook (they don’t want to give you screen after screen of info on, say, the Leaning Tower), but it gave more info than did any of the guidebooks on the less major sites (clearly trying to give one screen of info per site). Arrangement of the material along routes was an intelligent way of organizing the material (far more useful that the TCI app’s alphabetical organization!), though the maps could have been better. All in all, a surprisingly good app, one of the few travel apps I’ve seen that really can claim to rival a solid guidebook.
The developer, Space S.p.A., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Space S.p.A.
- 52.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Comune di Pisa
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.