This mobile application aims to be a guide (GPS) to all hikers in Madeira Island, providing useful information about the levada trails.
With more than 50 trails with updated information and available offline, this is the app you need to unleash your explorer’s spirit and come discover the natural wonders of Madeira Island!
** There is only one free walk available to explore. To enjoy all the trails forever you just have to buy once! **
• More than 50 walks to explore
• Distance, difficulty, duration, description and photos for each trail made by local hikers
• Map with GPS trails: Offline, Satellite and Terrain
PLAN YOUR ADVENTURE:
• Plan your walks with custom lists: TO DO and DONE
• Afraid of getting lost? Use your smartphone as a GPS Tracker and follow the path to keep you on the right track.
• Get real time information about the walk location: weather and webcam
• Rate the walks and share your experience
• Find hidden waterfalls, amazing lagoons, viewpoints and much more
• Directions and navigation options to get to the trail by car or public transportation
• Filter trails by popularity, distance, difficulty, type of walk, location birdwatching, kid friendly and more
• Elevation graph, elevation gain, max and min altitude
• Read the reviews and rating of the walks made by the community of hikers
SAFETY FEATURES – SOS
• Sending SMS with your location (GPS coordinates)
• Direct calling to emergency numbers (112, Civil Protection or GNR)
• Buy once and get access to all the walks!
• No popup ads inside the app!
SUPPORT: We love hearing from users: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEGAL: Terms & Conditions: http://www.walkmeguide.com/en/eula
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Money well spent for any hike lover
Was skeptical due to lack of ratings but if you like to hike and are traveling to Madeira it’s worth 5 bucks. Let’s be honest, if you’re here then you’ve already spent a ton of money so 5 bucks won’t kill you lol.
Very helpful ap, has great info on all hikes. The difficulty level (hard, moderate, easy) is based on an average hiker is decent but not great shape. Good details, be sure to read the info before choosing your hikes. I like the filter feature as well.
We used this app all day while hiking the Ribeiro Frio to Portela Levada, and it worked great, even offline. One of the best parts about it, too, was it put us in touch with our magnificent taxi driver, Marco, at Taxi Madeira. He gave us a mini tour while dropping us off at the start and picking us up at the end. A sweet deal!
Best $5 I’ve ever spent!
Really, this is a powerful tool that will make your time in Madeira much better if you’re hiking. Phone service is great on the island so the app always worked.
Thank you whomever developed this! Actually my knees don’t thank you but my heart does.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Marco Batista
- 153.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WalkMe Mobile Solutions, Lda
- In-App Purchases
- Become an explorer! $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.