No subscription! Single purchase contains watch, phone and iPad app! Useful even if you don't have a watch: You get widgets, Siri and Shortcuts actions for all devices!
Convenience on the wrist - Watch app for Tesla is the ideal companion in day to day life with your Tesla vehicle. These are just a few of the day to day conveniences this app will help achieve:
- Forgot to plug in? Get a notification if vehicle is in a pre-configured location and not plugged in - all done directly on the watch, no external servers required, keeping your privacy!
- Add the graphic corner complication to your watch face and enjoy the convenience of having easy access to state of charge, charging indicator, time remaining if charging, sentry mode active indicator and indicator if any windows, doors or trunks are open. All from one complication, that also will launch the app when tapped.
- During and after charge, a panel will show how much energy was added. Convenient if you schedule your charge during the night - wake up each morning and easily check how much energy was added to the battery.
- If you have multiple vehicles on your account, tap the vehicle name to quickly and easily switch between them.
- You can queue up commands by tapping on buttons, then put your wrist down and the commands will execute in the background when the vehicle is successfully woken up.
- When you tap the unlock vehicle button, the charge port will also unlock if a charging cable is attached. That's convenience right there!
- Want to reduce phantom drain? Background updates can be configured to longer intervals between updates or to only update if car is already awake or can be disabled entirely for absolutely zero impact on phantom drain.
- A warning panel will show up if any doors, windows or trunks are left open. Conveniently, you can tap the panel to close any open windows.
- Need to access the frunk? Just do it from your wrist - no fiddling with your phone.
- Sitting comfy in the couch, but just remembered you have a road-trip in the morning? Set the charge limit to 100% - or any value really - and start charging, right from the convenience of your wrist!
- Leaving the office after a long hot day? Activate the HVAC when you're on your way, and enjoy a nice cool vehicle.
- When charging, tap the time remaining label to switch to show time of expected completion - no more head calculus!
- Need to run a quick errand, but you don't have your phone? Unlock your vehicle from your wrist, then activate remote start and off you go. Just please be mindful that this feature requires internet connectivity on both watch and vehicle - so don't drive into the desert and leave your vehicle, or you'll get stuck there!
A note about security and privacy:
This app accepts two types of login. Either Tesla account credentials or a Tesla API token. Your account credentials are by default not stored in the app, but are used only once to obtain an authentication token and refresh token directly from the Tesla API server. If you would rather supply that token yourself, you can do so instead. It is preferable to supply a refresh token, as the app will then have a perpetual login. Your token will be persisted in the app. Tokens will be revoked if you change your Tesla account password. With the optional remote start feature you can choose to store your password in the app - it will be securely stored in the iOS / watchOS / iPadOS keychain. This feature is optional and is not required for all other features to function. No network traffic will ever be emitted from this app that goes anywhere other than directly to the Tesla API servers. The source code for this application will at all times be made available to any security researcher for a voluntary security and safety audit.
This app is not endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use at your own risk. No guarantee of proper function is given. Only you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app.
Made in Denmark
- Added Start/stop charging complication.
- Added Set charge limit, Vent and Close windows, Trigger Homelink, Unlock Charge Port, Wake and Get Vehicle State Siri Shortcuts actions.
- Added Add to Siri buttons in revamped Shortcuts section.
- Added Start/stop charging control.
- Added active vehicle chooser to settings when multiple vehicles exists on account.
- Improved background execution. Actions should now properly complete or fail in background, and not run when app is activated after being dormant for multiple hours.
- Open, Close and Unlock chargeport now all check for current state before executing, thus preventing errors if run multiple times. Do note that Open Charge Port no longer UNLOCKS charge port if already open - use specifically Unlock Charge Port for that scenario.
- Fixed being able to set v3 refresh token as manual token.
- Fixed a scheduling issue that could cause multiple polling threads to run simultaneously.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works well but needs more short cuts and perhaps better documentation.
I downloaded the app to you specifically on my watch which I find very useful. I needed a few issues that I’m not certain about. I don’t need to be worried about phantom drain if I’m not having updates constantly but I’m not sure what some of the settings mean. I’m a senior former programmer but my memory is not as good as it used to be.
I do like the idea of being able to use home link from the app on my phone but I would like to be able to use it in a shortcut so I can call it either from my watch or from my phone.
The only other question I have is in your statement were you describe your shortcuts you say that if we want more shortcuts we should contact you or notify you. How do we do that?
I am working with a beta for this app which included shortcuts that I wanted to have it was sent to me within 24 hours of my request. The service provider was excellent.
I increase the score of my review.
Open frunk by talking to Apple Watch!
After finally breaking down and getting an Apple Watch, I began to wonder if I could use my watch with a voice command to open my Model 3 frunk, so I wouldn’t have to pull my iPhone out of my pocket, tap on the Tesla app, tap the frunk button, then tap “Yes.” My research led me to this Watch for Tesla app, and I’m thrilled with the result!
The hardest part about setting up was enabling iPhone shortcuts, which is an iOS issue, not an issue with this app. I also had to change the shortcut name to “Open Front Trunk” because when I said “open frunk,” the watch kept asking which contact named Frank would I like to open!
Software developer Kim Hansen replies to email questions extremely quickly, and says a shortcut for turning on heated seats is under development. I highly recommend this app. What a great price too!
The app is very cool. No doubt. If you face with any issue then make sure your iPhone and Apple watch are on the latest OS version.
BTW I Saw the silly review below from Herlen, I really do not understand weird people who can not even ask help from a proper channel but drive tesla. How come you lower the average rating of this app? You are misleading people by being cheap.
For sure you would not prefer a refund for the app as there is no other app in the market which does the job. You better return your Tesla and tell them that you don't deserve it. I wish Apple’s review policy was allowing me to use the words you deserve.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kim Hansen
- 30.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss German
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Kim Hansen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.