WavePad Music and Audio Editor is a full-featured professional audio and music editor. With WavePad you can edit and record music, voice, and other audio recordings. You can edit audio files with tools like cut, copy, paste. You can also add audio effects including echo, amplify, and noise reduction.
WavePad Audio Editor supports a number of formats including vox, gsm, and more! Whether you are a professional or an at-home enthusiast, WavePad has all of the tools you need to edit audio files. Typical applications include ringtones, voice-overs, trim sound bits, and many more!
• Supports a number of file formats including wave and aiff
• Editing capabilities include cut, copy, paste, insert, trim and more
• Effects include amplify, normalize, echo and more
• Work with multiple files
• Supports auto-trim and voice activated recording
• Select sample rates from 8000-44100hz, 8-32 bits
• Recording runs in the background and when the screen turns off
• Upload to and download from your Google Drive and Dropbox account
WavePad contains optional in-app purchases and subscriptions.
• Subscriptions are billed monthly while purchases are one time payments (these are not subscriptions)
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period,
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and cost depends on your chosen package
• Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
For assistance using WavePad:
Terms of service:
More bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Keep the updates coming!
Thank Zeus, you guys finally fixed that annoying resolution problem on iPhone XS Max! No more letters or search bars disappearing up top at the notch of the phone and other weird artifacts. Everything fits perfectly on screen and looks clean and crisp. As it is, it’s a very good app for editing and making various tweaks to audio files. This is what I mainly use it for. Also, it’s fun to listen to some of my music with higher/slower pitches & tempo. And I’m glad that WavePad offers this function as well.
What would be cool is if you included an option of uploading video files and converting them to audio formats (wav. MP3. MP4, etc). Sometimes I’ll have audio from certain clips that I want to edit and play around with, but having to go to an online conversion website to do this is annoying and impractical on mobile. I think if you guys offered video to audio conversion, this app would more or less be perfect!
Otherwise, I’m still happy with it. I hope you continue with the updates and keep up the good work!
Can’t easily increase the length of silences.
This is the fastest app I’ve found on the App Store to increase the length of all my silences in a recording. It’s almost like having audacity on an iPhone. But I do have to scroll through my entire audio, select each silence manually, and click “add silence at selection”, and click ok. And here’s why:
1) The advanced silence trimmer can detect silences, and even baits you with the option of “new silence length”, but it won’t actually add silence, it only wants to trim, as said in the user guide manual (haha which means the devs knew I might like to do this, and decided not to let me, lol).
2) The split/(batch)join would probably be able to do it, except the devs didn’t give us the option to import multiple files at once! You actually have to click “add files(s)…” again and again, once for every single file, and scroll down every time to find the next file. You can’t checkmark multiple files for import. So it takes so long to add all the files, that there’s hardly any benefit.
3) There seems to be no system to add marks throughout the file, and then apply actions at all the marked locations. For example, every feature that automatically detects any points in an audio, could (should?) give the option to mark all those detected points. So then you could automatically apply actions at all marked locations. For example, “trim silences: mark all”, and then “add silence: at every mark”.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. If you would like, you can send a suggestion directly to our Development Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team
Mostly awesome audio rec/edit app
The audio functions of this app have been stellar so far. I've had no trouble with any of the ones I've used—though admittedly, I'm not employing the full spectrum of features that the app offers (I purchased the full version). The only problems I've had thus far are with saving, closing, and opening files.
The strangest issue: I want to start over on a file which I edited and saved a separate version of before. I will open up the original, unedited file, but it will import with all the edits I made previously. I know it's the original because it will play the unedited version in a different app (Files), but WavePad apparently keeps a cache of all edits it ever made (though I cannot revert to the original) and applies them if it recognizes a file from earlier.
Other than deleting and redownloading the app, I can't see a way around this. I'll contact the help team to see if this can be ironed out, but I figured I should mention it in a review as well. None of my files have disappeared thankfully.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NCH Software
- 36 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 by NCH Software. All Rights Reserved. NCH Software, NCH products and their respective logos are trademarks of NCH Software.
- In-App Purchases
- All Features Subscription $2.99
- All Current Features $9.99
- Remove Ads $0.99
- Unlock All Output Formats $4.99
- Unlock All Effects $4.99
- All Formats Subscription $1.99
- All Effects Subscription $1.99
- Pocket WavePad Plus $9.99
- MP3 Format $1.99
- Echo Effect $1.99