New Redesigned Wawa App! Now it’s easier than ever to order, pay and earn delicious rewards with the new Wawa App!
Easier to Order…..with simplified mobile ordering, it’s a breeze to browse our full menu, reorder your favorites or try out something new!
Easier to Pay……you can pay for your mobile order with your Wawa Gift Card right in the app before you get to the store!
Easier to Earn…..Now you can pay ANY way and earn Wawa Rewards! Just scan your new Rewards barcode from your Wawa App at checkout, pay for your order any way you like (cash, credit, debit, Wawa gift card) and start earning your Wawa Rewards!
For every $50 you spend on qualifying items using the app, you earn a delicious reward! Plus you will receive bonus rewards throughout the year for just being a Rewards member!
* Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In this release, we have completed a minor enhancement.
Ratings and Reviews
App is good, when it works
This app needs to be made far more robust than it is.
1. The app “goes dumb” at the store. Many times I’ll open the app while waiting in line to pay. It will throw the Touch ID screen, not recognize me when I do so, throw me the password screen, and then not recognize my password when I type it (and yes, I’m triple positive it is the right password. It’s burned into my memory from going through this so much). It is annoying having to type your password when you have handfuls of stuff from the store to carry. I have to get out of line, find a place to put all my crap down, and deal with something that I shouldn’t have to. I often wind up using a card or cash to pay because the app can’t get its act together and, as a result, I get no points for the transaction.
2. Adding money to the app is clunky. It makes you re-authenticate to select a credit card to charge. Then the kind of crap from #1 starts happening again. Make it so Touch ID universally grants access to the app.
3. This app is too clickety-tappity. It’s too hard to quickly reload the card when you need to. It’s also too hard to find what you want to do. “Reload card” should be on the main menu near the top, not 3 or 4 taps away. It’s easier to find nutrition info and who cares about nutritional info from the products you buy at a convenience store???
4. The main menu needs a redesign. The Ordering section is always expanded and doesn’t need to be.
The Wawa App
This morning, as I'm sitting in my study reading the latest edition of “Hoagie Lover Magazine” and sipping on a delightful beverage, I glance to my phone to see an update to one of my favorite mobile applications - the Wawa app. I threw my drink and my light reading into the fireplace and began to feverishly download the new version. I call my personal assistant Janet and let her know to clear my afternoon. As she begins yelling at me, begging me to attend a job interview and my mother’s birthday party, I hang up the phone. This is important, Janet.
Frothing, I began to peruse the new app. The once dark backdrop to Hoagietown has been replaced with bright, refreshing visuals throughout. While mobile ordering, I now see glorious/high-res/glossy images of my favorite condiments. A new feature, the addition of a “Rewards Card”, allows me to pay for my hoagies with my payment of choice instead of my Gift Card – which is a delight to me, as I can finally begin to deplete my collection of rolled nickels and earn rewards while doing so.
Just as my unrelenting excitement for the Wawa Mobile App couldn't get any more intense, they go ahead and release a fully redesigned app! This concludes my review, as I will be placing my order for a Classic Italian and then stopping at the park to shout at the ducks. The perfect day awaits me!
Good app but what’s the point??
The app works better since the new update. I’m not getting randomly kicked anymore and it’s easier to reload gift cards. There are little problems, like I’ve paid extra to get avocado spread added to my sandwich and I’ll get there are they’ll be out of avocado. Caramelized onions are available on the app but if you order in-store it’s not an option (as of last week). Or something won’t be available on the app but when you get to the store it is available. Small things like this that could pretty much happen anywhere.
Two serious problems with the app. First, you can’t use rewards when you pay in the app. Only if you pay in store. If this is a function, I’m pretty tech-savvy and I haven’t figured it out so it should be made easier. My main problem with this app is they don’t start making your order until you get to the store. What in the world is the point of that??? The entire reason for online ordering is so it’s ready when you get there and you can skip any wait at the store. If I order 20 minutes early, why am I waiting another 10-15 minutes when I get there?? Ordering on the app and waiting for your food takes the exact same amount of time as ordering in store. So basically the only convenience of the app is it stores your gift card so you don’t need the actual card.
- Wawa Inc
- 95.9 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Wawa, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.