Wax is the only record collecting app that lets you edit every detail of the records you own, from the artwork to the price you paid, and even enter a record manually that doesn't exist in any record collecting database online. Search for records, add them to your collection, and let them tell a story.
Customize every detail about each album and organize them how you please. You got that 7" at a show in a college basement in '96? Make a note of that. How about that limited edition LP - what number is yours? And what about your friend's band's test press - not in any database online? Add it to your collection manually. And if it's not in your collection, but you want it to be? Just put that in your Grab List instead.
Furthermore, your collection deserves to be organized better than "I have this record" or "I don't have this record". With Crates, you can organize your records into groups based on any criteria you please. Maybe you want to be able to see all your soundtracks at a glance, or everything you have released by your favorite label, or by bands from your city? Either set up a series of rules in a Smart Crate, which will always be up to date with whatever records match those rules, or curate the records manually with a regular Crate - either way, organize your collection how you want to.
Lastly - Wax isn't just for vinyl. With a $2.99 in-app purchase, Wax will let you search for and add music media of any format.
Don't just check off the records you have. It's your collection - own it.
- Take your record collection with you - no more buying duplicate albums
- Remember records you want to buy via your Grab List
- Add your records by barcode scan, manual entry, or artist, album, catalog number, or record label searches
- Retrieve (and edit) every detail about all the records you own
- Organize your records into Crates by whatever criteria you please
- Create a series of rules to populate Smart Crates, always updated with exactly the records that match those rules
- Get estimated values of records, based on condition, and add the price you paid to see how it matches up with what it's worth
- Sync and back up your Collection, Grab Lists, and Crates via iCloud
- Catalog your entire collection (not just vinyl) via an In-App Purchase
- Can't decide what to listen to? Shake your device to select a random record
- Import your collection from Discogs
- Quickly search for a record from your home screen (3D-touch enabled devices only)
- Export your Collection and Grab List to text and JSON via email
If you have questions, please send us a message, check out our FAQ (https://ownyourrecords.com/faq), or tweet us at @OwnYourRecords.
- Recent searches are now shown in the "Search" view for quicker bulk entry and those accidental left swipes
- Minor bug fixes and UI / UX fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great way to keep track of my vinyl collection
I have an extensive vinyl collection and am always shopping for new records. I also have a terrible memory and a tendency to buy doubles. With Wax, this will no longer be an issue. I now have access to every record I own, so if I'm not sure if I already own something, I can pull out my phone and check the list on this app. Highly recommended for the casual or advanced collector!
A valuable tool for vinyl collections
I’m finding the app easy to use and outstanding at finding every obscure version and edition that has ever been published. I’m also happy to know I can add my own entries for the real oddballs. My first wish for improvement is being able to browse my collection on my iPad. Someday? Secondly, after a search and after looking through the “thumbnails,” I may choose a version that turns out to not be an exact match. When I close that choice, I have to go all the way back and start my search all over again.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, I'm glad you're enjoying wax! That bug that you mentioned seems to affect a few other people too, and I'm working on tracking it down. EDIT (Jan 20, 2018) That bug you mentioned should be fixed up in 2.0. Thanks again!
Everything I was looking for
I had been looking for a way to keep track of my collection, by name and with pictures, but had previously come up blank. Wax does all of this, including filling in all of the info if you search for your disc; and you can search by album title, catalog number, and more. Seriously love this app ❤️
- Richard Myers
- 2.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Richard Myers
- In-App Purchases
- All Media Types $2.99
- Generous Tip $2.99
- Extremely Generous Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.