The WBFO 88.7 App allows you to listen to WBFO, watch WNED TV On Demand, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to WBFO with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WBFO even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for the WBFO stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to WBFO in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WBFO and WNED programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WBFO 88.7 App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WBFO 88.7 App is brought to you by the people at WBFO and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WBFO by becoming a member today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It Is Okay
There is ‘good’ and there is ‘ good enough’ - this app is good enough
Navigating around the various news articles is a bit clunky
Shuts off automatically
I opened the WBFO app and pressed play to listen to the 7 am news today. The app stopped playing in the middle of the first story following the news. I was in the shower and couldn’t do anything until after. This happens a few times a week, including when I’m listening in the car. When it happens, the app completely disappears from the open apps on my phone and I have to reopen it. This has been going on for a couple years now, but finally got around to reviewing it today. If there’s a place to review in the app itself, I couldn’t find it.
Works better than iTunes!
I used to listen through iTunes, but it glitched a lot. I got the app a couple weeks ago, and I don’t think it has lagged at all. It’s great to link directly to stories as well! So much better
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Western New York Public Broadcasting Association
- 28.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.