The WXXI Public Media App allows you to watch and listen to all of WXXI programs, Radio and TV!
The app provides On-Demand content of all your favorite shows, live streaming of the radio channels, PBS Kids! content, easy access to the live Radio and TV program schedules plus the ability to explore additional content!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off. Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed.
• Listen to live streams from WXXI even while traveling.
• Integrated program schedules for WXXI Radio and TV content.
• Listen to WXXI in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails.
• Access WXXI programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one, or listen/watch the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WXXI Public Media App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends.
The WXXI Public Media App is brought to you by the people at WXXI and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners and viewers with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WXXI Public Media by becoming a member today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great station, the app is a little to busy
When I tap the app, I just want to know what song is playing, composer, album cover, DJ, that info.
The amount of data that is presented is so overwhelming I don’t even know what I am looking at, very confusing. Where I come from we had a simple saying , when at all possible, just K.I.S.S. “Keep It Simple Silly”
Other than that, great station, Love Julia’s voice and presentation, Mona has “youthful energy” and the variety is always good, keep up the good work!
Lucky to have local classical music
This is the station I listen to the most. The app has great content but it would be nice if play button and play list were more obvious. The home page is too busy with content. Sometimes it drops out, too. It doesn’t matter which device I’m using either.
More strokes to do the same thing
I'm still not sure how to start streaming on this rev of the app. I can dial it up but the sequence isn't obvious, so I have to figure it out every time.
Look, we don't need more features. Too many apps have too much crammed in and are complicated to use. I get tired of figuring out how these things work, because they're all different and most of them aren't intuitive. They jump all over rather than simply implementing a few key use cases. I wish that the software trade would just stop it!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WXXI PUBLIC BROADCASTING COUNCIL
- 49.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.