The WDAY Mobile Weather App includes:
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
*Press location in top bar to change, edit and add locations
*In the left menu for changing locations, press the 3 dots next to the location to edit location settings and make a location capable of receiving push notifications.
Visual Map Enhancements
*New color palette makes it easier to see the difference between map-based alerts
More Information Available on the Map
*Pressing on map based Alerts will show the bulletin text
*Pressing on Storm Tracks outlines possible storm threats
*Pressing on Earthquakes or Tropical Tracks provides more detail than ever before
Ratings and Reviews
Good but a bit buggy
App will work well for a while, then it won’t connect due to a “network error”. Meanwhile, all other apps connect just fine. Later, it usually corrects itself. Happens once in a while, not all the time. Tried updating the app, but it’s already the latest version. This also happened with a previous version. Also a little slow to load sometimes.
Still no landscape
The developers still haven’t figured out how to rotate this app for landscape viewing.
Best weather app so far.
Doesn't lag when tracking storms.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.