Webber Photo Articulation Castle is an educational app for speech pathologists from Super Duper Publications. It has 3,000 PHOTO-WORDS with 24 PHONEMES for students to practice their articulation skills at the word, phrase, and sentence level, as well as certain phonology skills. All photos are from Sharon Webber's Jumbo Artic Drill Book - Volume 3. To keep your children engaged, Artic Castle has three different learning activities.
GAMES & ACTIVITIES:
• Photo Fun – This is a standard flash card activity. Players look at the pictures and say the words. Tap the scoring icons at the bottom of the card to score the production.
• Arcade Game – There are six variations of the arcade game: Balloon Pop, Duck Derby, Fishing Rodeo, Hidden Treasure, Raceway, and Space Explorer. In each arcade game, after the player taps an object (a balloon, duck, fish, gem, car, or spaceship), the player is awarded points and a picture appears. The player looks at the picture and says the word. At the end of the game, the player with the most points wins.
• Matching – There are two levels of matching. Level 1 (easy) uses six pairs of cards (for a total of 12 cards) and Level 2 (difficult) uses 10 pairs of cards (20 cards total). Students try to find matching pairs of cards while practicing their target sounds.
• Customize play by adding an unlimited number of players and goals
• Quick Play option to begin playing without entering players and goals
• Over 2,200 clear photos on distraction-free white backgrounds
• 3,000 target photo-words
• 24 sounds included: B, CH, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, L blends, M, N, P, R (vocalic), R blends, S, S blends, SH, T, TH, V, W, Y, and Z
• Includes Stops, Nasals, Glides, Fricatives, Affricatives, and Liquids
• Sounds appear in the initial, medial, final, and/or recurring positions of words, phrases, and/or sentences
• Ability to choose words by syllable (1, 2, and >2 syllables).
• Audio for all words, phrases, and sentences
• Record players’ productions, play them back and save the recordings
• Manually or automatically advance to the next card and/or player
• Works on iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®
DATA TRACKING lets educators and parents:
• Score student responses as correct, incorrect, approximate, and/or cued;
• Keep track of data for all players;
• View player results for all the sessions at any time;
• Examine student progress over time using graphs;
• Email, print, and share session results.
Download the B Sound for FREE in our free version of this app and add on other sounds through in-app purchases or save over 20% by purchasing this PRO version with all 24 sounds.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not worth the money
There are much better artic apps both with and without games. The games appear on screen for a matter of seconds even my lower functioning kids are not entertained by the activities.
I have used this app for years and LOVED it until recently. I just got a new iPad and it is crashing every time I try to input a student’s goals.
I purchased the full app after downloading the trial. Here is what I like about it: ability to input goals for each student, scoring options, graph for visual results, good flash cards, can switch between games without ending the session
Here is what I don't like: you have to press the save button after you record if you want to go back and listen to your students recording, doesn't have the option to target different sounds at the same time during a game(you can switch goals during the session), the games all are the same(touch then say a word).
What I would like to see changed: simpler recording tools, ability to choose goals for phonological processes, more interesting and varied game play options.
All in all I will still use it since I paid for it but it is definitely not a stand alone therapy tool.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Super Duper, Inc.
- 399.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Super Duper Publications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.