Supported protocols : SSH, SFTP
Supported channel types : Session Shell, Session SFTP, Local Forward
Supported iOS versions : 12, 13, 14
- SSH Functionalities
▪ Port Forwarding (Local)
▪ Launch a command at connection startup
▪ Connect using : password, challenge (two factor authentication), RSA / DSA / PuTTY Private Key
▪ Emulation : XTERM-COLOR256 / XTERM / VT100
▪ Profil management : background / foreground colors, font size, backspace sequence
▪ Keyboard : Virtual or Bluetooth
▪ Bel : Vibration (sound for iPad)
- SFTP Functionalities
▪ Create / Rename / Delete files and directories
▪ Edit text files
▪ Upload files from your device to your server
- Multiple Screens
▪ You can open multiple screens in order to do all you want : SSH / SFTP / WHOIS / PING and more at the same time !
- Network Tools
- Keyboard Keys
▪ Special keys Esc, Tab, Ctrl, /, :, -, !, |, $, *
▪ Virtual arrows keys over the terminal in order to move inside programs even without keyboard displayed
- Access Protection
▪ Touch ID / Face ID
▪ PIN code
▪ Simplified Chinese
▪ Portuguese Brazilian
▪ And soon your language :)
Do you want a new feature not available into WebSSH? Contact me!
Do you want to translate WebSSH in your favorite language ? Contact me!
Happy New Year ;)
Uploading files from iPad / iPhone to server through SFTP : #113
Search bar overlaps lists (ssh, sftp) : #12
Focus on a field doesn't scroll to the right field position : #31
Missing Long Output : #161
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I use it almost everyday. Its Fantastic!!!
I was looking for away to contact the developer for a feature request and came across the GitHub repository. You released 3 version in a month. WOW. Im a Python developer. Thats quite impressive! I do have a feature request. I would love the ability to be able to SCP files.
I have been talking to a few developers but mo body seems interested. I would love an app that utilizes Fossil. Fossil-scm. Its a lot like and my opinion better than Git. Its on your own server you control. Not something Microsoft owns.
Developer Response ,
Hi wildernessfamily78 👋
Thank you a lot for your support and your review 👍
Yes I release often and would like to do even more 🤩
About your request, could you open an issue here : https://github.com/isontheline/pro.webssh.net/issues
I don't know about Fossil-scm. Please open a request issue and expose your need.
Thank you again
☀️ Have a nice day!
Good App, Needs Work
I have tried using a few ssh clients for IOS and this one, so far, is the best I've found. It needs work however.
1) if I run a while true loop in the foregrounded term, the session remains usable; put the same into the background and with ~60 seconds a notification is popped about terminating. The issue I have with this is that no background ssh session should EVER terminate with an active process running in it.
2) the screen freezes - this drives me NUTS! There is no evident reason for this as it happens in an unpredictable manner. e.g. Sometimes I can flip to Safari to read something online for 2 minutes, return to WebSSH and I'm good to go, while other times I can flip to Safari for 10 seconds, return to the term and keyboard input is blocked. Sometimes I can hit Ctrl-C to clear the condition and, most often, there is nothing to do but shutdown the session.
3) This app corrupts the active session *frequently* and leaves behind it an open tty on the remote server.
If I knew of anything better I'd dump Pro in a second - unfortunately it seems this is the most advanced ssh client on the App Store at this time. Meh.
Developer Response ,
We would like to improve your feeling about WebSSH ;)
If you want to, please become an active beta tester : https://www.webssh.net/contactus.html
Have a nice day!
Great SSH client
Especially in combination with the larger size screens available on the Plus models, this app makes SSH from the iPhone a pleasant reality. Highly recommended for those times you need to quickly login from the bar and don’t feel like pulling out the laptop and balancing it while worrying about spilling a drink on the keyboard.
Developer Response ,
Thank you a lot meangrape 🍻
If you have any suggestion please contact me via https://www.webssh.net/contactus.html
Have a nice day ☀️
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arnaud MENGUS
- 34.5 MB
- Developer Tools
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Arnaud Mengus
- In-App Purchases
- WebSSH Unlimited $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.