Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather in the Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas area on the all-new free app from WFAA.
Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events.
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
• Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
• Read the latest news as it happens in your area
• Explore exclusive investigative stories
• Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
• Daily and hourly forecasts for your city
• The latest forecasts from our meteorologists
• Interactive radar maps
• Automated hyperlocal severe weather alerts
• Watch live video newscasts and breaking news from WFAA
• Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
• Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
• Share stories & videos directly with your friends and family
• See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
• Get information on school delays & closings as they happen
• Cast videos and livestreams directly to your TV or streaming device, so you can lean back and enjoy your favorite programming on your biggest screen.
This is the official app of WFAA.com, the ABC affiliate serving the Dallas and Fort Worth area.
Got feedback? Let us know how we can make this the best app experience for you! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Sell My Information: https://www.wfaa.com/do-not-sell-my-information
Terms of Service: https://www.wfaa.com/terms
Bug Fixes and Improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
News staff shines during on-air coverage of Dallas tornado
Maria Sevedra, Jessie Huwela, Kyle Roberts and all the behind-the-scenes studio folks did a masterful job of providing vital information during the non-stop unscripted on-air coverage of the weather events Sunday evening. The studio staff, along with numerous WFAA reporters and photo-journalists out at the various scenes of damage, did an excellent, compassionate job of keeping the public informed and safe. I was particularly impressed with the way the reporters always asked those being interviewed on scene if they were OK, and always expressed sincere concern for the losses people may have experienced. There is a different “feel” to the reporting at WFAA and ABC — it’s why the station has been my “go to” for news and weather coverage since I moved to North Texas in 1971. Kudos!
Previous version better
This new version of WFAA is harder to use. I have deleted the old version & downloaded the new version but it keeps popping up crap asking me to download the new version. There is an apparent flaw in your new version. I downloaded the old version when I got my phone earlier this year & no problems nor did it keep asking me to download it over & over. It knew I had already done that. Your new version apparently doesn’t recognize that I have downloaded it. I have followed(watched) WFAA since moving to Dallas area around 1973. I wish I had not downloaded the new app. I should have waited till y’all got the kinks out (like Apple’s iOS 13. I am waiting a while till Apple gets all the bugs & kinks out before I update to that messed up mess).
I wish I had waited before I downloaded WFAA’s new app & read reviews on it first. Between 1 & 10, I gave the old version a 10. I give the new version a score of 2. I don’t like the new version. ☹️
Best News In America
My expectations were high when I moved from Dallas to another area of the country and turned on the news. Having become used to the professional and informed staff at channel 8, it was astounding to witness such poor presentation of the news. Thankfully, I had the channel 8 app on my phone.
Like a scene from the movie, “Doc Hollywood,” I daily return to see the events, weather and sports on my favorite news channel, delivered by the best in industry.
Appreciate the talent and professionalism you have in journalism in the DFW Metroplex. It is the best in the country and certainly not available elsewhere. They deserve every award and continued recognition they have received and much more.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tegna Inc.
- 98.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.4 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © WFAA-TV, a TEGNA company. All Rights Reserved.