WGUC Public Radio App: The ultimate mobile public radio experience with great features not found in any other app!
The WGUC Public Radio App allows you to listen to WGUC live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the Cincinnati Public Radio streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for stories, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to WGUC with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from Cincinnati Public Radio, even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Access 300+ public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and Cincinnati Public Radio) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• You can also access the Radio Bookmarks created on your iPhone/iPod on your computer. Just visit www.wguc.org.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WGUC Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at Cincinnati Public Radio and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Cincinnati Public Radio by becoming a member today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Part of my being
I was introduced to classical music in college, at UC, by a close friend back in 1993. Since then it’s become part of me. We are truly blessed in Cincinnati as having one of the best classical music stations in 90.9 WGUC. This app is the direct link to that resource in the digital wireless & internet age. It’s easy to navigate. The sound is crystal clear. You also have the option of listening to NPR affiliate 91.7. The WGUC website is an amazing classical music & Cincinnati arts & music scene resource too. It’s nice that this app also links to it. I’ve enjoyed this app for quite some time now and I readily give it a 5/5!
About the best
I am currently out of town on an extended work trip, and as always, I have brought GUC with me. I am currently sitting in my hotel room, reading the news and listening to Sunday Baroque. If I cannot be home, I will bring a bit of home with me. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Love WGUC classical it’s gotten me through the past year. I live alone and have felt isolated so listening to the music is a distraction and makes the house feel more lively. I’ve actually learned a lot about classical and what styles I like just from listening.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cincinnati Public Radio, Inc.
- 49.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.