WVXU Public Radio App: The ultimate mobile public radio experience with great features not found in any other app!
The WVXU Public Radio App allows you to listen to WVXU live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the Cincinnati Public Radio streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for stories, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to WVXU with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from Cincinnati Public Radio, even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Access 300+ public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and Cincinnati Public Radio) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WVXU Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• You can also access the Radio Bookmarks created on your iPhone/iPod on your computer. Just visit www.wvxu.org.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WVXU Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at Cincinnati Public Radio and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Cincinnati Public Radio by becoming a member today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far so good
I had deleted a previous version of the app because it kept cutting out, and I had gone to just listening through the mobile site.
I decided to give the app another chance, and so far it’s working well.
So, I wasn’t the only one,,
I’d had the same problem with the broadcasting being cut off or too many station announcement popped up way too often to disrupt the broadcasting. I had contacted WVXU tech person to correct this problem. It got better for a while, but the problem did come back. So, now I totally gave up on to listen to NPR through WVXU, but am listening now through NPR web page which is so much better than WVXU’s.
Great content, poor tech
I enjoy NPR/WVXU but this app cuts out far to often. At first I thought it was my iPhone, so I got a new one and it still happened. Then I thought it was my cell provider, so I got Verizon and it still happened. I thought maybe I should just use it with WiFi, so I did and it still cut out. Sometimes it happens so often I just close the app. I don’t have this problem with other public radio apps.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cincinnati Public Radio, Inc.
- 49.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.