Whisk is a lightweight HTML and PHP editor with a live preview that updates as you type.
*** Whisk’s free download includes 14-day fully functional trial and document viewer mode. An In-App Purchases is available to unlock the full edition, with discounts for previous owners. ***
Whisk’s integrated preview pane displays the web page live as you type. Whisk breaks the tedious cycle of writing HTML, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser. Combining the writing phase with the viewing phase clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a web page. W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not only standards compliant, but also very fast.
Whisk is the app previously known as HyperEdit! For a comprehensive list of what’s new, visit:
Macworld rating (Nov 2004): 4.5 mice
Use Whisk For:
• Crafting HTML to make sure it looks exactly as you want it
• Testing and executing PHP code
• Writing blog posts, forum entries, or rich emails
• Interactively trying out CSS
• And creating whole websites
• Preview pane quickly renders HTML and PHP as typed, using the same engine as Safari
• Watched Files automatically (or manually) determine when files are changed and will reload the web preview (file access permissions required)
• Live HTML W3C-based validation shows errors and highlights problem tags with a red underline
• Preview to other browsers or the Hype Reflect app on iOS
• Web inspector/console/dev tools access
• Customizable syntax highlighting coloring
• Reusable code snippets and color swatches
• Scroll sync keeps can keep the editor and preview at similar spots
• View HTML source code generated by the PHP engine
• Attach Style Sheets for viewing how blog posts/markup will look with external styling
Because We Love the Mac:
• Written in Cocoa exclusively as a macOS app (supports 10.12 through 10.15)
• Adopts new macOS features and is gorgeous in Light and Dark modes
Download Whisk now and start your free trial! Documentation is available on Whisk’s website.
- Scroll Sync improvements
- Fixed issue where Hype Reflect previews would not show images and other local page resources
- Fixed some issues using Whisk in different languages
- Showing HTML Source Code for PHP in Dark Theme will use a black background and white text
- Fixed issue where Watched Files table would flicker when modifying watched files
- Many other bug fixes and UI tweaks
Read the documentation for a detailed list of all changes:
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love the instantly-updating preview!
It's a well-built app, and love the native Mac feel! Kudos to this developer!
I love how I can test changes and quickly iterate on my pages. Great tool
Shockingly light on preferences
What should be a groundbreaking light weight tool is hobbled by a lack of basic customizations. For example, there's no control of word wrap indentation, or of word wrap itself. Other common preferences, such as auto save, custom keyboard shortcuts, are nowhere to be found. Perhaps this is on purpose, but it sure does slow down the workflow of many developers. It's a shame, everything else about Whisk seems on point.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.