The Whisker Connect™ app allows you to remotely monitor and control your WiFi-enabled Litter-Robot unit(s) and Feeder-Robot unit(s) all in one place. This app brings you data about your cat’s litter box usage and your pet's feeding habits, giving you full control of your Litter-Robot 3 Connect, Litter-Robot 4, and Feeder-Robot right from your phone.
Whisker app for the Litter-Robot 3 Connect and Litter-Robot 4
● View the Waste Drawer Level: Keep the litter box out of sight but not out of mind. Check the waste drawer level from wherever you are.
● Get Real-Time Status Updates: Turn on push notifications to know when your Litter-Robot needs your attention. Customize alerts to find out when it's cycling, the drawer is full, or the unit is paused.
● Monitor Your Cat's Litter Box Usage: View usage stats for insights into your cat's health. Learn what's normal for your cat, so you can identify when something might be wrong.
● Manage Your Litter-Robot Settings: Customize your settings right from your phone. Adjust the wait time, lock out the control panel, activate the night light, or schedule sleep mode.
● Connect Multiple Units: Onboard a single Litter-Robot or Feeder-Robot, or multiple units to the same app. Others in your household want to connect? Simply use the same account.
Whisker app for the Feeder-Robot
● Customize Multiple Feed Schedules: The app gives you even more customizable programming options for multiple feeding schedules. You can also give a snack or skip meals with the touch of a button.
● See Feeder Status: Receive notifications for when you’re getting low on food, as well as alerts for if there’s an issue detected with your automatic feeder.
● Get Feeding Insights: Ensure your pet is receiving the right amount of food at the right time. Compare your pet’s weekly and monthly feeding stats for high-level insights.
● Give Your Pet A Snack: Give your pet a snack anytime, from anywhere, at the touch of a button. Snacks dispense in one portion increments.
● Connect Multiple Units: Onboard a single Feeder-Robot or Litter-Robot, or multiple units to the same app. Others in your household want to connect? Simply use the same account.
● Requires iOS 13.0 or later
● Requires camera permissions to scan QR code
● 2.4GHz connection required (5GHz not supported)
● IPv4 compatible network required
● Please make sure you complete the onboarding process within 5 minutes
● SSID network names must be under 31 characters
● Network passwords must be between 8-31 characters and cannot have slashes, periods or spaces ( \ / . )
● Robots will not connect to hidden networks
● MAC address is visible during feeder-robot onboarding
● Robots will only connect to secure password protected networks
● Robots do not use share WiFi network phone features
This release includes the addition of a ‘Scoops Saved’ counter on your LitterRobot robot dashboard to help build awareness of how many times your LitterRobot has been used; enjoy reveling in the realization of how many times you haven’t had to scoop the box! Also included are improvements to the SmartScale algorithm, optimized in-app support for customers that are having trouble with SmartScale, and additional bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Corrupted App / Probably Hacked
I bought a new litter robot 3 and I successfully connected it to the whisker app. Because I was still having my cat transition to this litter robot, I kept it turned off and would turn it on only when I needed to cycle it. Since my cat seemed to be getting used to its cycling mode, I decided to keep it powered on and to use the whisker app to control it. But when I tried to do that, it was saying that my litterbox was “offline.” So I tried to reconnect it several times without success. It would always say “litter robot is connected.” But when I check the app, the litter robot is not there so I have to add the litterbox again and again and again, registering it again and again and again. Very frustrating. How can it say it was successfully connected and yet there’s no litter robot showing on my Whisker app? Furthermore, it’s supposed to cycle after connection, but it did not. It just went directly to the home button (turned blue). Is my litter box registered and showing up in another person’s app? Because it’s saying it’s connected, but to whom? It’s certainly not connected to my app. So I think the app is hacked or corrupted. I would really appreciate your help. This is the most expensive litterbox I’ve ever bought and I feel depressed right now knowing that it’s not working the way it’s supposed to and I keep thinking it’s hacked or corrupted by some kind of malicious software. MGB 😔😿
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! If you're receiving a "success" message but the unit is not showing on the app, this is usually an issue with the router.
Please try the following:
1. Log out of the app (click gear in top-left corner, then "log out"). Delete the app and re-install then log back in.
2. Unplug your Litter-Robot from the back of the base, wait 5 minutes, and plug it back in. Allow it to finish the cycle.
3. Open the app and if the Robot is still not there, try re-onboarding. If it still fails to show up in the app, please move to the next steps.
4. Move the unit closer to your router.
5. Enable airplane mode but then enable WiFi and Bluetooth. Then try onboarding again.
If the issue still occurs, your network may have brand steering/meshing turned on. Please temporarily disable 5GHZ before onboarding. (If you are unsure how to do this, please contact your ISP for help). If you have VPN turned on in your device, please disable it.
Bitty Box, 4 cats, 3 Weeks to train, no more Scooping!
We love our Litter Robot. It is very well thought out. We named it, Bitty Box, in honor of our youngest cat, Itty Bitty, a Calico, who was the first to use our Litter Robot. She encouraged our other three cats to use it. The last hold out, our 14 year old Yellow Tabby, had trouble adjusting. Once we took the advice of Brandon, in customer service, to get the stairs, we finally got the last hold out, to become a regular. We change the litter drawer every three days, and add one or two scoops of new litter. (Do not use heavy litter, the unit is weight sensitive) We do a complete interior cleaning once a month. We use the Auto Pets App which is easy to set up and sync with the Litter Robot. It basically tells us how full the drawer is, when it is time to change the bag, and allows us to run a complete cycle, from the app. We had a few issues, at the beginning, but customer service replaced our base quickly. We added the extended warranty, (3 years total) we and our cats love it. One very happy home! (Our son has one, our next door neighbor has two, we have one) Although expensive, worth every dollar! Robert & Dottye Wesley Chapel Fl.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this detailed review. We are happy to hear your Tabby has adjusted!
Product good, app not so great
I do like my litter robot 3. It has made cleaning the litter box very simple, but these reviews are really related to the app. I am disappointed to say that it is not great. It disconnects all the time. I currently if I go into the app, it tells me I need to register my litter robot, but then recognizes that it’s registered so it will not let me re-register. Mind you I’ve had this robot for at least two years so clearly I have already been registered. I have tried to follow the troubleshooting instructions of logging out and removing the app but the app will not let me log out. It acts like it is going to and then just returns to the same screen showing that I am logged in, so I uninstalled it anyway, and when I reinstalled it, it was in the exact same place. I have tried power cycling the machine to get it to recognize it which didn’t work, and in the past has worked. Oh yeah, this is not the first time this has happened. Yesterday, when this started up again, I went through all the steps and got frustrated and walked away Since the litter robot technically works without the app. Today I got alerts that the litter robot had cycled so I went back to look at the app, and again it was saying I needed to register the litter robot. Don’t ask me how I am able to get alerts without it, recognizing that it is registered. This is not an Internet issue. This is an app issue. Come on guys don’t make any excuses and fix your bugs.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Automated Pet Care Products Inc.
- 86.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Automated Pet Care Products