Whisper Notes: Accurate Speech2Text Transcription With Whisper Model.
- No net required. Your data never uploaded.
- High quality on-device transcription with fast speed.
- Supports over 80+ languages.
- Supports importing audio files.
You can use it to take notes, or just send message to your friends after transcribe.
■ Why Whisper Notes?
There are already many tools based on Whisper on the market, so why did I made another one? My reasons were simple.
- First, sometimes I have a wonderful dream and want to record it when I wake up, but I'm still drowsy and typing is difficult. I wanted a tool that would allow me to quickly record my speech and transcribe it into text.
- Second, when a friend sends me a message and I need to reply at length, but I'm out on the street or eating, I wanted a tool that would allow me to quickly reply to my friend without sending a voice message.
Therefore, this product compromises between accuracy and speed: we use the largest model possible, but we don't wait for minutes to complete transcription. Normally, when you record a sentence, you only need to wait a few seconds to copy the text and reply to a message.
If you pursue ultimate accuracy (which can lead to extremely slow transcription), Whisper Notes may not be suitable for you.
■ Supported Languages:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Bangla, Bashkir, Basque, Belarusian, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Māori, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Sanskrit, Serbian, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba
Thanks to ggerganov and his open-source project whisper.cpp on Github.
- fix the issue with large file transcription.
- resolve the issue of playback from earphone.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is a gem. It provides an easy and minimal to use UI.
The accuracy is quite good, enough for casual note taking. Especially it also supports the audio recordings.
I only have one wish of batch export and delete those exported. My intention is to export the notes to my journal system.
Thanks for creating and sharing such wonderful tool!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback1 I've taken note of it, and will consider adding a batch export & delete feature in the next update.
Actually free! No catch!
Whisper is a pain to install on the Mac if you don't already have a bunch of frameworks installed. It's great to have a graphic itnerface for it from a free program. I only wish there was a way to delete unused languages and alter settings via the GUI.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for liking it! The Whisper model is trained on multiple languages, so it doesn't have the concept of a 'language package.' You can choose either the English model or the full model. I'm not sure if its settings can be altered.
I love u
Thank you for making this
Please keep developing
Developer Response ,
Thank you : )
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Yeonni Lee
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later and a device with the A12 Bionic chip or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later and a device with the A12 Bionic chip or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ke Fang
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.