Whole, by The Happy Broadcast, is a self-care app designed to be your companion on a journey towards a happier life. The app includes daily mood-tracking, journaling, a social gratitude feed, breathing exercises, hydration reminders, sleep sounds, meditation and many more habits that you can customize to add to your home menu, allowing you to create a truly custom experience tailored to your everyday needs. The intuitive and beautifully designed app helps you develop simple daily habits that can help improve your overall mental health and wellness.
What is Whole?
Whole helps improve your mental health and wellness by training your behavior in ways scientifically shown to improve mental wellbeing. Whole features daily mood tracking to allow you to understand your moods and the triggers that incite them, a gratitude journal so you can read (and share) moments of gratitude from the community, and a robust habit builder that allows you to select specialized training modules to help you form and strengthen habits that can impact your mental health.
All of Whole’s features come together in a personalized diary screen and the app includes a robust set of stats to provide you with insights on your mental health and the factors that contribute to it.
How does Whole work?
Whole is free to use, with some upgraded features available only to premium subscribers. While there is a subscription option, users can enjoy most of the app’s key features for free. Sign in using an email address and we will walk you through the key features of the app during a guided onboarding.
Key features include:
- Track your mood and add a note so that you can keep a history of how you were feeling and what made you feel that way
- Share and like thoughts of gratitude with a social community in our vertical scrolling “gratitude feed”
- Create a custom set of habits from our growing library of content to help build behaviors that positively contribute to your mental health and wellness. Habits cover a wide range of activities including: getting better sleep or hydration, controlling feelings of anger, alleviating feelings of anxiety, and much much more.
- Take a moment to relax and reduce stress with a guided breathing exercise or get your daily dose of illustrated positive news from The Happy Broadcast
- Track your progress with a robust stats section that lets you see what types of things are contributing to your mental wellbeing
- View your history of all activity in our home page diary, which serves as a personalized journal of your daily activity within the Whole app
- Set reminders of tasks to complete as part of your training towards achieving a happier mental state
- Customize your public feed with premium avatars and background colors
Who are the people behind Whole?
Whole was born from a community on Instagram known as The Happy Broadcast (@the_happy_broadcast). Since 2018, The Happy Broadcast has delivered positive news to a growing community of over 1 million people across the globe. The focus on positive news, delivered in an aesthetically pleasing format, has served to delight millions of people and spawned a movement to de-stigmatize issues of anxiety, depression and mental health. Over the years, research has confirmed the power of positivity, and Whole aims to help harness that power by becoming a personal trainer for your mental health, leveraging information, techniques, and activities that build a better and stronger mental state for users.
Hey, sunshine! This version fixes a couple of things going around. We hope you are enjoying Whole!
Ratings and Reviews
Incredible self care app!!
I usually never use self care apps, they don't usually work for me. But this app is literally perfect for my mind and the way it works! It's not obsessive or invasive about changing your entire life, instead it takes things slow. Seeing people and what they're grateful for during their day is a really cool idea and really helps me unwind on something other than tiktok and instagram. If i could give more than 5 stars, i would. Definitely recommend !!
Like or Not Like?
I found this app by searching for a Mood Tracker & Journal app that you could track your moods but also share about your day. I came upon this app in my App Store and I didn’t even click to review the app or to find out what exactly the app was, I just downloaded it! I’m so glad that I did because not only is this app a Mood Tracker its also about 10 other things that you can benefit from!
I would give this app the full amount of stars but you cant delete any of your entries after you have hit the “done or finished button!!” It aggravates me because the first few times that I used the app I ended up messing up badly and put everything in the wrong spot and now it will not allow me to delete the mistakes! Im stuck looking at my mistakes!!
COULD SOMEONE PLEASE ADD A DELETE OPTION!!??
Other than the view small issues I mentioned, I absolutely LOVE this app! It great for people who have mental health issues: depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc; however, for us that struggle with OCD it’s hard not being able to delete your mistakes 🤣🤣
Developer Response ,
Hi and thank you for downloading and trying out WHOLE. We agree 100% and are working on this as part of a future release…so do not worry as it is coming!
Love this app, small suggestion
Hi! Thank you for bringing a bit of positivity to the world that so desperately needs it. A small suggestion for the app: I wish that some of the “Read More” buttons on the little articles wouldn’t open Instagram and would instead be readable in the app itself. One of the main things I’m doing for my mental health is staying off social media (especially Instagram), and it’s hard when the app opens directly to Instagram. Thank you so much!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Happy Broadcast, Inc.
- 37.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022, The Happy Broadcast, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Go further with premium $2.99
- Go further with premium $19.99