What is the sample in this song? Who covered my favorite artists? What remixes were made for this track? WhoSampled knows!
Discover the DNA of the music you love by scanning your personal Apple Music or Spotify library for samples, covers and remixes, and explore WhoSampled's entire universe of deep musical knowledge.
The WhoSampled app can now also identify the music that is playing around you and show you its samples, covers and remixes (available as an annual in-app subscription for just $9.99 per year or your currency equivalent, subject to the In-App Subscription Terms below).
- Selected by Apple as APP STORE BEST OF YEAR
- The Telegraph's BEST MUSIC APP OF THE YEAR
- Music Ally Digital Music Awards - BEST MUSIC APP
- Listed as one of the best apps in the world by The Next Web, The Sunday Times, The Independent and more
WhoSampled is the music DNA discovery app that lets you explore the music connections in your music collection. Access the world's largest database of sample-based music, cover songs and remixes, and discover who your favorite artists have sampled, or whether your favorite songs have been covered or remixed! It's an essential music discovery tool for anyone into Hip-Hop, Electronic/Dance music, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Funk, Soul, Reggae, Classical or any other genre.
- Go on a journey of musical discovery built around your own music collection. Scan your Apple Music, Spotify or iTunes music library and discover amazing connections for the songs in it
- Identify the music that is playing around you and immediately see its samples, covers and remixes. Available as an annual in-app subscription for just $9.99 per year (or your currency equivalent)
- Easy access to the world’s largest and richest database of music DNA, with over 961,000 tracks, 297,000 artists and continuous daily additions. Search for any artist or track even if it is not in your music library
- Beautiful, ad-free, clean interface. Simple and intuitive navigation makes music exploration easy
- Compare tracks side-by-side and listen to full‐length tracks, streamed through YouTube (where available), Apple Music (if you are a subscriber) or Spotify (Spotify Premium accounts only). Please note that your iPhone must not be on silent/vibrate mode in order for audio to play
- "Now Playing" feature – switch from your music app to WhoSampled to discover all the musical connections for the song you’re listening to right now (supports Apple Music and Spotify)
- Highly detailed information on any sample (sample timing, sample type, part sampled) lets you pinpoint where the sample was used and compare it with the original
- Share your amazing finds with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers
- Deep and unique music charts that show you trending and top rated content as well as the all-time most influential artists and tracks
- Engage with the WhoSampled community from within the app; comment on and rate any entry in the WhoSampled database
- A host of other features and functionality including the ability to save personal favorites and contextual recommendations from every sample, cover and remix
Dig deeper into the music you love. Dig into the WhoSampled app!
In-App Subscription Terms
Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed Apple Music streaming issue
- Various bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite app…but…
I’ve used this app for a couple years and love it to death. Use it almost daily if not for sure a few times a week. Lately there has been a ton of issues regarding “network issues” and it won’t let me search anything at all, even on WiFi amd with full bars 4g.
I hope it can be resolved as I use this app more than any other and absolutely love it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words! We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues. We aren't aware of any such widespread problem so can you please write to us via the Settings tab in the app so we can help you troubleshoot? Thanks, WhoSampled Support
I’d like to say that not only do you need the $3.99 to buy the app and use it for minimal things such as a few lyrics to find a song and that’s about it. You’re almost forced to spend the extra $9.99 to allow it to use your microphone to listen, pretty much the whole purpose of downloading the FREE app called “Shazam”. I tried this app thinking it could find sampled songs but if you’re into more underground music you’ll find nothing, fan-made, unreleased, leaked, unfinished, etc… You’ll only find completely published and sometimes a song name with an “unknown artist”. The last amazing feature is how after being so dissatisfied and wanting a refund, the app refuses to let me contact any staff relating to this joke of an app. I hope whoever reads this enjoys my aggravating experience and goes to soundcloud, google, shazam, anything else.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your purchase. The app is forever ad free and allows you to perform a text search for the samples, covers and remixes in over 1 million songs, at no additional cost. The audio recognition feature specifically is available under an additional subscription, and we try to make that very clear in the app's description and screenshots. All other unique features, such as Spotify and Apple Music library scanning, are included in the app without a subscription. We hope you give the app another try and find it useful after all, but if not, you can request a refund from the App Store. If you ever need to contact us, you can do so via the Settings tab in the app, or write to us at email@example.com. Best regards, WhoSampled Support
Not worth the money
I paid for the full version because I thought it'd be better than the website. I still wouldn't recommend this app. One reviewer hit the nail on the head when they said the app looked like it was for an iPhone 4. It's incredibly slow and primitive and to be honest, is extremely lacking with sampling information. Half of the time they don't even have the answer I'm looking for. The Genius app usually has better information on samples and that isn't even the primary function of the app. I'd recommend that app over this one any day. And don't even think about paying for this.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhoSampled.com Limited
- 29.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2023 WhoSampled.com Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Track ID $9.99