Listen to your favorite WHYY and NPR radio programming on your phone! Whether you listen to our livestream or check out our on-demand audio and podcasts, with the WHYY Listen app you can access our award-winning local and national news anywhere. That means you can take Radio Times, Fresh Air, This American Life and all your other favorites with you wherever you go. With this app, you’ll be able to:
• Stream WHYY-FM anytime, anywhere
• Stay current with our newscast at the top of every hour
• Listen on-demand to WHYY podcasts like Fresh Air, Radio Times and The Pulse
• Receive breaking news alerts and notifications about special programming
• Browse the latest news stories on WHYY.org
• Connect the app to your car’s dashboard media player via Apple CarPlay (on supported car models)
• Sign up for newsletters that deliver the best of WHYY right to your inbox
• Become a member of WHYY and a supporter of public media
WHYY is the leading public media company in the Greater Philadelphia region, serving people in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and beyond. In addition to a robust slate of locally-produced programs and services, WHYY is your local NPR and PBS member station. You can find us on radio, TV, online and, now, in the app store. Because we’re a member-supported, not-for-profit organization, everything we do is made possible by listeners like you. Please consider making a donation at WHYY.org.
Updated for optimization with the latest version of iOS.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs a couple fixes
Play back stops for no reason about every 10 minutes. Also all of the headings and summaries of the suggested articles are cut off so you can read them
Smooth & Fast
For quick live listening this app is the best! I love that my station is just two taps away! One to open the app one to press play! I have not had the issue others had with the audio stopping. This app is a great escape from the tap trap other apps will get you sucked into.
APP is Dysfunctional
I should have read the signs before downloading this app. A few reviews stated the same or similar issues of dysfunction. They were also posted reviews from at least 1 or 2 years ago, too.
The issue for me is having news feeds appear, disappear, then reappear, just to disappear again, just to reappear, and on and on. I am deleting this app. WHYY is a great station, with excellent staff. It is perplexing to experience their app being antithetical to their actual local station.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.