Wind, waves, weather and tides anywhere in the world for kitesurfers, windsurfers, surfers, sailors, and paragliders
Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts that let you always find the spot with the best wind, waves, and weather conditions for your sport. Current wind measurements and weather observations, so that you can make your own weather predictions!
- Detailed wind forecasts and weather forecasts for over 40,000 spots
- Displays current wind measurements and weather measurements in real-time from over 20,000 weather stations
- Tide forecasts for high and low tides for over 8,000 locations around the world
- Configure favorites – save nearby locations and monitor travel weather for your vacation destinations
- Measurements listed in knots, Beaufort, km/h, m/s, and mph
- Parameters displayed: Wind strength & direction, gusts, air temperature and "feels like" temperature, clouds, precipitation, air pressure, relative humidity, wave height, wave period, and wave direction
- Optimized display of forecasts and measurements for optimal readability on the go from any mobile device
- Optimized data transfer – which enables a quicker load speed and is ideal for data usage restrictions
- Topographic maps, and satellite imaging provide a quick overview of weather conditions and serve as a navigational aid (weather routing)
- Kitesurfers and windsurfers – find that next hurricane or windy conditions either right next door or at your next vacation destination
- Sailors – plan that next sailing trip, or ensure safe passage by avoiding bad weather at sea
- Dinghy sailors and regatta racers – allows for careful preparation for the next regatta
- Surfers and wave riders – find the perfect waves and high swell
- Fisherman – help ensure a good catch
- Paragliders – find a good wind right from the start
- Cyclists – are there headwinds or tailwinds?
- Boat owners or captains – keep a constant eye on the current weather conditions and tides
- ...and anyone who requires exact wind and weather predictions!
Subscribe to Windfinder Plus to get access to our newest services to help you to catch the best wind, any time, any where! Windfinder Plus is especially suited for professional users, meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts:
- Wind alerts: Specify your ideal wind conditions, get notified as soon as these show up in forecasts.
- Superforecast, our hourly high-resolution forecasting model for Europe, North America, South Africa, Egypt, and the Canary Islands
- Ad free - no distractions any more!
- Windpreview: for a quick overview of the wind forecast in the next ten days
- Fully featured weather maps: Beautifully animated wind forecast maps, temperature forecast maps, precipitation maps, satellite images and topographic map
- Wind report map: Real-time wind measurements from over 21.000 stations directly on our wind map.
Windfinder Plus is available as an In App Purchase.
We offer auto-renewable "Windfinder Plus" subscriptions for one month or one year. The subscription enhances the feature set of Windfinder to include wind alerts, more map features etc.
We offer auto-renewable "Remove Ads" subscriptions for 3 months, 6 months or one year. The app will be free of ads while the "Remove Ads" subscription is active.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- You will be charged for another period (1 month, 3 months, 6 months or one year) unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the subscription is renewed.
- You can turn off the auto-renewal in your Account Settings after purchase.
- A free trial period of 7 days is offered
- Split screen support for iPad
- Faster app start
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app pretty accurate even if i go fishing 30 miles south of my home town its comforting to know the temperature & wind direction of the location i choose to fish and what time intervals these winds & temperatures will come to my area . I work most of the time thing i like about this app i can now plan my fishing trip ahead of time . I got this app from a local farmer best thing I’ve ever seen . Used by all the farmers in my area
About 80% accurate
The information is very well put together, easy to understand and be able to see the forecast via a quick glance. Don’t feel like I need a degree in meteorology to read the app like most of the other wind apps out there.
However, the forecasts are about 80% at best. Sometimes if you’re watching the weather for a certain day, the wind and temperature forecast can change dramatically from day to day. One day it might say 78 degress but within twelve hours the forecast will change and show 69 deg. Then twelve hours later it reads 77....😖🤷🏼♂️
For all intents and purposes it’s the best
The usability/functionality is unparalleled. I can hop between locations with ease. I do wish it was updated, however, more often. At least by the hour. I think it updates every six hours which can prove to match up with current conditions.
- 79.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Windfinder.com
- In-App Purchases
- 3 month ad-free $0.99
- 6 month ad-free $1.99
- 1 Year ad free $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.