Winegard® creates connectivity while at home, tailgating, trucking, or RVing by helping you view your favorite shows with this smart TV Signal Finder app with augmented reality.
Finding the available TV satellites and free over-the-air HDTV towers for your geographic location has never been easier. The smart Winegard TV Signal Finder app makes it simple to determine the correct position of your antenna to receive the available signals. This app uses your current location to search for the available signals for your favorite channels. Avoid obstructions with the augmented reality (AR) view.
Dual-mode app allows you to find free HDTV TV Towers with the Antenna Pointer mode or to locate TV satellites per provider with the Satellite Pointer mode:
- Antenna Pointer - Use the top-down map view to locate all HDTV TV towers closest to your address or GPS location. Eliminate signal obstructions such as trees, hills, and buildings by switching to the AR view. Simply point your phone to the horizon and rotate 360 degrees to bring into view your desired TV tower and find the best angle to point your antenna. The number displayed above a tower indicates the number of channels available. Tap the tower icon to see full channel details.
- Satellite Pointer - Use the AR view to locate DISH, DIRECTV, BellTV, or Shaw Direct satellites available for your mobile antenna. Simply point your phone at the southern sky to locate your target satellites and stay clear of signal obstructions such as trees and buildings. Azimuth and elevation pointing look angles are provided for easy pointing and setup of manual antennas.
- Augmented reality technology
- Compatible with auto-point or manual-point antennas
- Compatible with DISH, DIRECTV, BellTV, and Shaw Direct antennas
- Satellite azimuth and elevation pointing look angles
- Current FCC OTA TV tower information, channels, call signs, networks
- Distance to HDTV towers
This app requires the use of the camera (for augmented reality view), sensors, GPS, and compass in your smartphone. Compass accuracy is based on calibration and distance from large objects that may cause magnetic interference.
Winegard Company designs and manufactures terrestrial and satellite video and data antenna products and accessories for residential and mobile applications. Since its incorporation in 1953, Winegard has designed more than 1,000 antenna models and been granted over 80 U.S. patents. The company's heritage includes recognition by NASA for contributions to the Apollo 11 mission and the induction of founder John Winegard into the Consumer Electronics Association Hall of Fame. Winegard's superior antenna design and manufacturing facilities total 410,000 sq. ft. and include a state of the art testing, validation and measurement center. The company's unmatched in-house and vertically integrated capabilities support its accelerated product design and development cycle.
Winegard creates connectivity.
DISH is a registered trademark of DISH Network L.L.C. DIRECTV is a trademark of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. Bell TV is a trademark of Bell Canada, Inc. Shaw Direct is a trademark of Shaw Satellite G.P. All network and programming images and logos are copyrighted and are the property of their respective owners; they are not affiliated with Winegard Company.
- Updated logos and icons
- Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good ideas, poorly applied, information relayed is out of date
One of the best uses of technology is uninformed my iDevice’s camera for precise aiming; kudos for that great use of the tech at hand (literally).
Some information that is presented is inaccurate for my media markets (Providence and Boston), and the usefulness is reduced because you don’t tell me what the channels’ transmitting frequencies are. For instance, where I am, there are three VHF frequencies used: 2, 7 and 12 (for 36, 12 and 64, respectively). Why not include the frequency of transmission, and sell the best antenna for those frequencies?
Lastly, you have misidentified at least two things: 1) WLWC’s transmitter location moved years ago, 2) WHDH is identified as the NBC affiliate, but it has not been the NBC affiliate since 1 Jan 2017. I’d be embarrassed at these inaccuracies.
Satellites keep disappearing
Try to find satellites show up for a couple of seconds and then disappear. Go off of location and come back satellites appear then disappear again. I can never view the satellites long enough to try to see if the satellites are in the clear. When I first downloaded the the azimuth was way off from published data and now with the satellites disappearing this app has never been useful.
Based on recommendations, I did calibrate sensors, but that still does not answer why the satellites disappear from app after only a few seconds on screen.
Developer Response ,
The app relies on very accurate sensors - gyro, compass, gps. Calibrating the gyro and compass sensors in your phone should help. Thanks.
Okay, could be better.
Recently downloaded app and found that while it shows me the various towers, I’m not sure of their relative location to my present location. It does not display any map information just colored range rings. No roads, Lakes, towns just nothing that can be used to verify direction. And I did allow it access to my location. AR mode is okay, just have to guess at the bearing to the tower. It’ll do I suppose until something better comes along. As it stands I hesitate to recommend to my fellow RV’ers.
Developer Response ,
Hello! The temporary Google Maps issue was resolved with version 1.2. Please give it a try and let us know your experience. Thanks!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Winegard Company
- 26.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.