Winmail Reader is ultimate tool for reading "winmail.dat" attachment files on iPhones, iPads and iPod touch. Winmail Reader decodes "winmail.dat" file, and allows any attachments contained in them to be opened, read, saved or e-mailed.
* * * Winmail Reader for Mac is also available on the Mac App Store. * * *
Winmail.dat files are in fact TNEF format (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format). Microsoft Outlook e-mail program for Windows send e-mails as TNEF. Most other e-mail programs, including Mail, do not understand TNEF. If your e-mail program doesn't understand TNEF, you may only see an attachment named "winmail.dat" that you cannot open. The easy-to-use solution to circumvent this problem is provided by Winmail Reader.
◆ Decodes "winmail.dat" files and list all attachments contained in it including email message.
◆ Inbuilt quick-look preview to view attachments. Tap on attachment button to popup quick-look preview.
◆ Allows attachments files to Copy to… another application, Save to Files, Copy, Print, share file to nearby iOS devices via AirDrop and more... Long press on attachment button to show share action options.
◆ Resend entire decoded email as it is with message and extracted attachments.
◆ Creates, edit and adds Microsoft Outlook Appointment and Meeting to iOS Calendar. It also reads embedded note.
◆ Creates and adds contact address card into iOS Contacts.
◆ Reads nested message in full RTF format as separate file.
- The Lite Version can only decode winmail.dat file and show sender, subject, message and list of attachments. You can upgrade to full version at any time to remove all limitations to allows you to open, read, share, save, e-Mail all extracted attachments without any restrictions.
- Refined user interface with iOS 13 System Dark appearance compatibility.
- Many improvements in winmai.dat extraction. Faster and accurate extraction.
- Other bug fixes. Thank you all users for your feedback :)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Purchase needed for attachments
Just as a previous review stated, you have to purchase the upgrade in order to be able to open attachments. Description is misleading...
Deceiving App. “Lite” version does nothing.
Downloaded the app to use the “lite” version thinking it would work. It does not work at all. It takes you directly to the screen which asks you to purchase the “full” version. It is a very deceiving app. The only thing it does do is tell you what type of file that was sent to you. Don’t waste your time.
Doesn't do anything at all. No "open in" button. Can open as pdf, but only if you upgrade. Does not read anything at all unless you upgrade. Absolutely worthless without upgrade. Free version just a scam!
- RootRise Technologies Private Limited
- 2.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 RootRise Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Winmail Reader Full Version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.