Wisconsin Public Radio App:
The Wisconsin Public Radio App allows you to listen to WPR’s Ideas Network, News and Classical Network, and 24 Classical Network live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the WPR streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to WPR with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WPR even while traveling!
• Integrated program schedules for every WPR stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to WPR in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WPR’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Wisconsin Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Catch up on all WPR news headlines in a single easy to read screen. Click to read the entire story or share with a friend.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Wisconsin Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at WPR and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WPR by becoming a member today!
Improvements based on user feedback
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of buffering problems
I’ve used this app for years and am a huge fan and member of WPR. At times, and seemingly more frequently with the latest upgrade, the app nearly constantly pauses for buffering. The sponsor message will often reply when the stream goes again. I’ve switched to other streaming services at the same time, including NPR One, to test if it is the Wi-Fi connection and had no problems with the streaming on those apps.
Delightful music, interesting and captivating programs, and easy to digest news coverage. WPR is always excellent. The app only improves in my personal opinion. Some are saying when they call or look at something else they are kicked off their program. This does not happen on my phone. If I use sound in other apps I can return and pick up right where I left off. I’m listening to it as I write this review. The update color and design is neat, clean, and organized. An overall very satisfying experience. More than any other app I have. What would I do without WPR. Thank you.
The former version was easy to use, although not very pretty. Now, when I listen to the live broadcast in the early morning, it turns off after about an hour. Why? I want to skim or read many of the stories, but the audio comes on automatically when I select that story. Why? If I have the app open on my iPhone or iPad and grab my device, I often accidentally touch some part of the screen that changes what I’m listening to and I have to go back through several steps to get back to what I want. Not fun. I love WPR; we support it financially; it’s my primary source of news and general daily entertainment. The new app is confusing and it takes too many steps to get to where one wants to be.
- University of Wisconsin - Extension
- 97.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.