WKYT is proud to announce a full featured weather app for the iPhone and iPad!
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
• Dedicated traffic page with flow data and incident reports
*Press location in top bar to change, edit and add locations
*In the left menu for changing locations, press the 3 dots next to the location to edit location settings and make a location capable of receiving push notifications.
Visual Map Enhancements
*New color palette makes it easier to see the difference between map-based alerts
More Information Available on the Map
*Pressing on map based Alerts will show the bulletin text
*Pressing on Storm Tracks outlines possible storm threats
*Pressing on Earthquakes or Tropical Tracks provides more detail than ever before
Ratings and Reviews
New changes are awful
I use this app multiple times daily and it has been perfect. But now if you want to watch a 30 second clip describing how the weather is going to change, you have to watch a 30 second ad first - and every ad is for Morehead for some reason. Then, once you get through that, the sound on the weather video doesn’t work even though it worked for the ad. They also made the app much uglier. Very disappointed with these changes.
Hate the new changes!
Have used this app for a long time now and loved it. But I hate the recent changes. The home screen used to give radar, current temp and the week’s weather at a glance. No more—that’s gone. And there are now so many ads you have to search for true weather data. Definitely NOT an upgrade! Please take some of these ads off and restore the good home page.
Go back to the old style!!!
I have always loved this app, but this update is terrible. It’s focused around ads more than the weather and for the life of me I can’t even find where it shows the current temperature. All I can find is what the hourly forecast is. My opinion, but they took something that wasn’t broken and tried to fix it......and now it’s broke!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.