Download the CBS 17 news app and know what is happening now across central North Carolina. The app gives you accurate forecasts from the experienced CBS 17 Storm Team, video of important stories and the top stories from Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Fayetteville and other cities in the region. You can also find sports, traffic and flight information at CBS 17.
- Current news and weather is featured right on the home screen
- Navigate easily through local news and information that's important to you
- Stay informed of breaking news with push alerts
- View local news videos embedded within stories or at full screen
- Understand how weather will affect you with local forecasts, radar, maps and video
- Help shape local coverage by submitting photos and news tips
- Easily share interesting articles via e-mail, SMS, Facebook(R), Twitter(TM), and more
Squashed bugs, patched leaks, and improved performance throughout the app
Ratings and Reviews
Well I like this new app. You can always rely on 17 to be up on the latest news. I keep up with the other two channels also, and 17 will have stories that the other two do not. Would like to see more human interest stories. A feel good story. There is so many bad stories, that would be the only thing I would like to see. Like the set up of having local, Nc, and national separation . Very good reporting
This app does need some work. There are always several errors per story to include typos, missing verbs, autocorrected words that are grammatically incorrect or confusing, etc. I have got to the point I can tell who has written the article before looking depending on the errors. More editorial oversight and better proofreading are needed. If it is not just disinterest or rushing and is actually English grammar deficiencies then educate your authors or replace them. I read your app several times day and love the up to the minute updates but more pride in the articles is needed.
Beat Weather Coverage
17 has the most comprehensive weather coverage in the area - to the point, informative and reliable.
The app doesn’t always have the latest weather coverage, in times of urgent & important weather events though - wish it did. Getting a 5:PM report at 8:PM is normally great, but not when you are tracking a hurricane.
- I took 1 star off for that and the lack of working custom tailored notification topics, which I set up, but it still sends everything.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.