Connect to the Raleigh News & Observer newspaper’s app wherever you are.
Receive the latest local and breaking news from Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and the Triangle area in North Carolina. The N&O report on the local topics you care about, including local weather, traffic, crime, sports and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the Triangle area.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events. •
The News & Observer opinions, editorials and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter or by email.
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The News & Observer app comes with complimentary web access to News & Observer site, as well as access to the eEdition. Subscribe to the app now and get your first month for $1.99. Monthly and annual subscriptions are available for $12.99 per month or $129.99 per year and include unlimited digital access to The News & Observer app, eEdition and the News & Observer website.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Read our Terms of Service here: http://www.newsobserver.com/customer-service/terms-of-service/
We have fixed some small bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Not easily readable
The previous app simply gave an electronic replica of the newspaper. It was essentially the same as reading the actual paper version. This new app has not been designed with such subscriber readability in mind. Instead of improving the app, the new version is confusing and cumbersome to use. It appears that computer geeks have designed it and N&O newspaper people haven’t applied common sense as to the electronic version being usable by the subscribing public.
We subscribe because we like to read the paper - on paper. We do not subscribe so the carrier may deliver when he/she wishes, forcing us to read the paper online. If we were regularly to read it online, we would not need the print edition. And in fact we are not really sure we need the print edition anymore anyway, since more and more print edition copy has already appeared online by the time we see it in print.
Also what happened to your commitment to the communities you serve? Who in Raleigh cares to read extensively about Charlotte or even Durham? We subscribe to the Raleigh paper. Give us coverage of Raleigh - thorough coverage, including arts and culture in our city - and not just bus-&-truck shows and presentations by your remaining big advertisers. Service should be the name of your game.
Terrible app. First of all, this is the original, web based app rolled out years ago, prior to the Olive Software version. So, this is more a weblink iPad widget for a Safari bookmark than an actual app. It was obsolete then, and ancient now. Page view is so clunky, the page is blurry and sits there 10 minutes trying to load. There is no dedicated page view. Loads slowly, text is blurry, there is no function to share stories on social media any more. Flash ads intrude on readability and take over the page, and freeze the app. McClatchy, not content with ruining newspapers, has now made reading the e-edition impossible. What are they trying to do, destroy newspapers completely? “ Old Reliable “ has become unreliable and this is perhaps the most ill conceived app ever made.
Edit: Doesn’t load at all now. Needs ZERO stars. Will be cancelling my subscription.
- McClatchy Interactive
- 79.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 The News & Observer Publishing Company. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Montly Subscription $12.99
- Annual Subscription $129.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.