The WOAI Mobile Weather App includes:
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
Implemented support for active links within video descriptions
Fixed an issue on iOS 15 where searching for certain locations would close the app.
A bug caused TV Station notifications to be turned off in the previous version of the app. As such we will be turning them back on for any user with alerts enabled. If you do not want the station alerts on, you can turn them off within the settings menu.
Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements
Removed app store support for iOS 12, users on older operating systems will need to update their operating system to update their apps.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but....
There is one thing missing that I look for in weather apps...barometer reading. I live with chronic pain and weather changes effect the severity specifically the barometric pressure. Add that and it will have everything I look for and need in one app.
Temp forecast differences within app
Love the app. Most accurate weather app. However, there are differences in temperature forecasts within the app for the same day. Hourly temp function shows highs and lows that are different than the Daily temp function for the same day. Even within the Daily function there is differences in temp high and low. The summary function temp high and low does not match the temps in the detailed description for the same day. For example, hourly function low temp shows 42, but daily function summary shows 38 as tonight’s low. The daily function detailed description shows 39 as the low. So is the low temp for tonight going to be 42, 39, or 38?
Good weather app but...
Better weather forecast locally than other weather apps, but it runs very slowly and constantly kicks me off so I have to re-open the app. Also, it is not kept up-to-date. First thing in the morning, forecast on the app is different from what television forecast says. Fix this app so it doesn’t kick me off and I will raise the rating to 4 stars. Fix the app so that it is says the same thing as the television forecast and I will raise my rating to five stars.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc
- 76.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © The Weather Company