Taking calculus? Then you need the Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant. This definitive app for calculus—from the world leader in math software—will help you work through your homework problems, ace your tests, and learn calculus concepts. Forget canned examples! The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant solves your specific Calculus problems on the fly including step-by-step guidance for derivatives, integrals, and much more.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Calculus, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, Calculus I, and Calculus II:
- Evaluate any numeric expression or substitute a value for a variable.
- Plot basic, parametric, or polar plots of the function(s) of your choice.
- Determine the limit of a function as it approaches a specific value.
- Differentiate any function or implicit function.
- Find the critical points and inflection points of a function.
- Identify the local and absolute extrema of a function.
- Integrate a function, with or without limits.
- Sum a function given a lower and upper bound.
- Find the closed form of a sequence or generate terms for a specific sequence.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Problems editing equations
When I try to delete something midway in the text that I have already writen and put the line right behind what I want to delete and press delete, the line goes back to the end of the equation and deletes the last character. Other than that, very helpful but it is very annoying when you have multiple similar equations where it just needs one change near the begining, especially on long equations. iPhone 4, 4.2.1, not jailbroken. App version 1.0.0
Heaven on Earth
This app saved me from my tedious online math course! I’m not bad at math, but this app surely will help you understand calculus and save you a lot of time when it comes to long exercises. It takes time to understand how it works, otherwise, worth it 100%.
Entering formulas is cumbersome, backspace always deletes from the end, even if you click to change the cursor position. So if you made a mistake in the first few characters be ready to rewrite the whole thing.
There’s no way to calculate the derivative of second order of an implicit function. That’s disappointing.
And I’ve only used it for ten minutes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.