WoodSynth is a synthesizer with 4 independent layers. Each layer is in fact a synthesizer on its own.
Each layer has 3 VCO’s plus a samples based source, coming from a file or from recording the audio track.
Up to 16 voices can be set per layer.
Layers can be used in parallel, assigned to a region of the keyboard or used in a sequential mode where the first note(s) on are played by layer 1 and the next note(s) by layer 2 and so on.
This last mode allows to have a different sound per note played (and independent from a keyboard region).
WoodSynth has a polyphonic pitch-bending touch bar which also displays notes received from a keyboard.
Each layer has its own filter and envelope with ADSR per voice, a pitch shifting envelope per VCO, a delay, a basic reverb, a modulator LFO per VCO, 2 general LFO’s and a 16 steps sequencer.
Key tracking can be applied on the ADSR attack and release, on the filter cutoff and on the VCO modulation.
Surround and 3D panning is supported when inserted on a multi-channel track. The panning can be modulated by several sources like pressure or key tracking, which allows for expressive live panning by the musician using his keyboard.
Although the standalone app can be used as such, it is mainly intended as the license for the AAX, AU and VST plugins which can then be used by any DAW on all your Macs (as long as the standalone app is downloaded from the Mac App Store on that Mac).
- MacOS plugin type : AU, AAX, VST and stand-alone app.
- Has 4 independent synthesizers, each with up to 16 voices.
- Supports MPE.
- Has a polyphonic touch bar with polyphonic pitch bending.
- Velocity, channel pressure, (polyphonic) aftertouch, CC74 can be used to modulate several synth parameters.
- VCO’s have the usual waveforms (sine, saw, square, triangle, pulse and noise) and can be modulated in various ways (FM, AM, Pulse Width, Slew rate)
- Samples can be recorded from the audio input/track or loaded from file (sample files should be in the WoodSynth iCloud folder)
- Each voice has a 4-pole Moog Lowpass filter with resonance and ADSR envelope.
- An offset can be set in the Filter cutoff for the R channel to create a stereo effect.
- Each voice has a pitch shifting ADSR envelope which can be independently enabled for each VCO.
- Has Key tracking for VCO pan, Filter cutoff, ADSR Envelope Attack and Release.
- Each layer has a delay unit (which can be separately panned) and a basic reverb.
- Each layer has a 16 steps sequencer which can run on multiple voices (poly mode).
- Each layer can set the midi channel and range of receiving midi notes (which allows for up to 4 split keyboard regions).
- Layers can be set in sequential mode : first note(s) played on layer1, next note(s) on layer2, etc.
- Layers have an additional high-pass filter saturation and crush control.
- Synth audio and delay can be panned independently.
- Supports Ableton Link to sync tempo and start-stop.
- Has 4 User Control rotaries which can be freely assigned.
- The User Controls can be controlled by a midi CC which can be set or learned.
- Presets can be stored in iCloud Drive (makes them available on all your devices).
- Has surround and 3D panning.
- Added key tracking to Sample Slices Start : different notes start at other sample.
- Added LFO modulation of Sample Slice Start : LFO used is the OSC2 LFO ! (OSC1 LFO used for frequency modulation).
- Added File browser for presets and samples.
- Hold-note / sustain-pedal now also works for the Sequencer and Arpeggiator.
- Added sustain pedal (hold-note) enable per layer.
- Factory presets are now in a real subfolder /factory (cleaner WoodSynth folder)
- OSC2 & 3 LFO’s now have own waveform button (was previously OSC1 waveform).
- Added Amp Env Attack, Release and Decay time to LFO1&2 destinations.
- Added Auto Gain for Sample Slices. (max gain added = 20dB).
- Added Chan Pressure ,CC74, mod wheel and expression pedal modulation of Sample Slice Start.
- All-notes-off button now also stops the running sequencers.
- Added 11 more presets.
- Added Note-On metronome start mode.
- Fixed crash in Samples for large slice widths and LFO or Key tracking on.
- Fixed Arpeggiator ADSR sustain level.
- Fixed bug in LFO mod of Sample Slice Start.
- Fixed default parameters for Pro Tools (MacOS)
- LFO2 mod of LFO1 frequency is now 10 times larger.
- Key tracking for ADSR has larger range and can now be changed when key(s) are held down.
- Key tracking for Filter cutoff can now be changed when key(s) are held down.
- Playhead in Samples now always shown also when metronome is not running.
- Fixed gain clipping in sequencer with samples source.
- Fixed bug in Random Slice.
- Fixed bug in Sample Reverse modes.
- Fixed OSC1 frequency bug (was double frequency).
- Fixed state of Hold-Notes button when clicking Alt off-on.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio
- 20.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2021 Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.