Woolly for Mastodon 9+
A personal tooting experience
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Woolly is a fast and customisable Mastodon client.
* Fully customisable main screen
* Pin your most frequently used timelines, lists or followed hashtags to the tab bar
* Customise your tab icons
* Add unlimited tabs
* Threaded replies view for better conversations reading
* Easily search, browse and save timelines from other Mastodon instances
* Timeline filters to quickly hide boosts or replies
* Support for push notifications
* Manage all your Mastodon accounts in one place
* Powerful multi-column layout on iPad, showing all your favourite content in one place
* Multiple light or dark themes, with a special option optimised for OLED displays
* Customisable accent color
* Quickly add GIFs to your posts, thanks to GIPHY integration
* Support for all Mastodon features: content warnings, polls, bookmarks, followed hashtags, trending posts/tags and links, custom emojis
Upgrade to Woolly Pro to unlock all features:
* Compose and submit new posts
* Log into multiple accounts
* Customize your main screen tab bar
* Access additional themes
* Add Home Screen widgets
— Woolly Pro Subscription Details
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
- Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
- Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
- Added new notifications indicator in tab bar
- Fixed loading multiple gaps in home timeline
- Fix trending post timeline losing scrolling position in some cases
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve used quite a few mastodon clients, and they all have their strengths and weaknesses but woolly is the best I found. For whatever reason Woolly does a lot better with message threading (click on a reply and the full conversation appears… most of the time 🙂). Aside from that Woolly is quite polished, has the features I enjoy, and doesn’t stutter in my iPhone. Good job!
Great app with a few annoyances
Really like this app, and as other users mentioned the threaded feature of the app is really great! It has a really nice and minimal UI that I like as well.
However one of the most annoying things I find about the app is that whenever I open the app after a day or two I have to sit and keep refreshing multiple times just to get to the latest posts. I don’t know if this is a feature, but it would be good to have a way to customize what the user wants to do!
Great for conversation
If you like to comment on posts or even just dig into comments, give Woolly a shot. The threaded comments are great. The newest release (1.1) adds the ability to see who else boosted & faved a post. Multiple account support, and the ability to customize layout (columns/tabs) per account.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Matteo Villa
- 26.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2023 Matteo Villa
- In-App Purchases
- Woolly Pro (1 year) $6.99
- Woolly Pro (1 month) $0.99