Wordly brings the classic word scramble game to iPhone. It is a simple, fun and addictive puzzle game, in which the objective is to find and trace as many words as possible on a randomly generated board before the clock runs out.
Form valid words by tracing letters on the board with your finger. Words can only be formed by connecting neighbouring letters, and the minimum word length is 3 letters. When you think you have found a word, release your finger from the board, and if valid, you score a point in the game.
- All possible words shown at the end of a game
- Board quality checker, to ensure there’s plenty of words to find
- Features an untimed mode
- Choose your own game time limit
- Intuitive user interface
28/06/2010: Wordly has been reviewed by WMExperts!
“This is a highly addictive, enjoyable and often humbling game. I didn’t experience any bugs, hang-ups or problems running Wordly.
"Wordly is great. Once you get used to the idea that there are dozens of obscure words you’ve never heard of, this game is just great. My kids play it, my wife plays it – it is so addictive. The best £1.19 I ever spent on anything!!"
Mark | 18/04/2010 05:48
"simple but addictive. this game is gonna get me sacked! fully addicted…"
Anonymous | 25/02/2010 22:58
"really amazing app I find it HIGHLY ADDICTIVE and have recommended it to many family & friends. Find words you never knew existed!"
Ryan | 20/04/2010 23:18
Added a tutorial sequence!
Ratings and Reviews
My most used game
I have been looking for a game that would occupy some down time. I have never looked at this type of game, I don't like crossword puzzles and am a bad speller. Yet this word puzzle is my go to game on my iPhone. It has improved my spelling. I can do it with not WiFi or data connection. If you can't find all the words in one sitting you can minimize the app without Force closing it and your game remains. I also like that one may turn off the timer. Thanks
Fun game with MAJOR flaws
I love word-search games, but this developer lacks attention to detail, hasn't offered a *meaningful* update in years, and the game has serious issues:
1. Game progress isn't saved. When I leave the game and later return, everything is lost, and I'm forced to start a new game. This is simply inexcusable.
2. Game uses a very bizarre dictionary, including archaic words and even acronyms like "emf," which aren't words at all (and should be capitalized as "EMF"). Yet—common acronyms like "EMT" are rejected!
Acronyms are not words and should be disallowed all together. But be consistent: Either allow ALL acronyms (problematic) or disallow all. Which is it?
3. No way to *alphabetize* words we've found, which would make it easier to review the list.
4. Display hasn't been updated for larger iPhones, so there's ugly, blank space above and below the game. What's it been now? 4 years?
5. Outdated user interface still uses buttons from iOS 3 or 4, which have been passé for years.
6. Can't access settings without clearing the game.
7. Can't save a game to replay another time.
8. There are two buttons for sending feedback, which is redundant, and the buttons have different icons. (A minor issue, but untidy.)
I would LOVE to see this game become what it could be, and I hope the developer will take the time to improve it. :-)
Very Fun, and Addicting
A well designed and well implemented app, for those of us who enjoy a word finding game. It offers a choice of three time limit modes and a non-timed mode.
One caveat would be that, like many other games of this sort, you will not be able to figure out what dictionary is used to accept or deny your words. This is a very small issue, but when I find a word that the game rejects in a standard dictionary, it is annoying; almost as much as the words it shows you missed which cannot be found in a standard dictionary.
Nonetheless , a fine game that I keep returning to time and again.
- Bluebear Technologies Ltd.
- 51.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Martin Harte
- In-App Purchases
- Wordly Dictionary $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.