Meet your new muse. Destroy writer's block forever. Escape the beaten path and discover what you *didn't know* you wanted to say.
〰 Bypass your ego and regain your creative spark
- When experiencing writer's block our own minds can be our worst enemy.
- We get caught in the mud, hung up, and mope around in endless ruts, seemingly cursed by an infinite loop of inaction.
- But sometimes we've just got to hit refresh, shuffle the deck, ruffle some feathers, evacuate our comfort zones, and sidestep our rituals and habits.
- When songwriters get stuck -- they switch to a different instrument
- WordPalette is a different instrument!
〰 Up to six sliding lanes of intelligently scrambled text
- Short poetic phrases are intuitively grouped and stair-cased across the slider lanes
- Each lane slides in both directions independently
- The phrases are loaded from Palettes (your collected text sources)
〰 Quickly switch between keyboards
- Simply tap the keyboard button, or swipe left to quickly switch between the slider lanes and the default iOS keyboard
- You're not just switching between keyboards but between creative states
- Many workflows are possible :
- Rapid-fire between the keyboards, leveraging the "found" inspiration of the sliders with your own creative reactions.
- Use the sliders to amass a collection of words that resonate with you, then switch to the default keyboard and weave them together.
- For cut-up method purists: use *only* the word sliders, hunting through the lanes for the perfect compliments and juxtapositions.
〰 Import your favorite text sources and convert them into Palettes.
- Palettes are converted sources of text used to populate the word sliders.
- Instantly paste copied text via the Add (+) button on the Palettes page, and convert.
- You can also import plain .txt files from iCloud Drive and other popular cloud services
- Alternatively, enable our Share extension to send text from other apps to be converted into Palettes.
〰 Mix and match your Palettes
- Activate and deactivate your collected Palettes to control what appears in the word sliders.
- The word slider keyboard will only pull phrases from currently activated Palettes.
- Get creative with your combinations! (i.e., text from an article on underwater birth, and an article on the predatory habits of sharks)
- @wordpalettes on Twitter / Instagram
- Fixed launch crash reported by some users running iOS 13
- Refreshed app tint colors
- Updated AppStore screenshots
Ratings and Reviews
Good tool for returning to craft
Not sure if this will App will be as great for most writers as it has been for me. My circumstance is a bit rare. The app has taken me back to writing daily, no matter how little, which of course always Tends to create motivation.
But I have dealt with more than writer’s block. I had a brain injury which caused 3 years of retrograde amnesia. This aspect I could take with some humor, but it also brought about complete apathy I had never experienced in my life. I had no desire to do anything creative or enjoyable, including writing. Likely most creative people can imagine what spectrum of (Though blunted) feelings this left me with. It’s been a year since I began to hold on to new memories and I finally am feeling more than a passive interest in writing. This app and “danger notes”or “danger writing” together have brought me much faster to the point of maintaining a daily writing routine. If it helps me after my brain injury and amnesia, I bet it would help the general writer’s block all of us experience from time to time
Like an old friend
I’ve been using this app for over two years, and out of the many writing apps I’ve downloaded and tried, this one is by far my favorite. The simple user design and beautiful color palettes make me look forward to using it. Its import feature is also extremely easy to figure out and quite fun to play with - it makes you feel like the world of literature is at your fingertips (I’ve imported Homer’s “The Odyssey”, “The Little Mermaid”, “Peter Pan”, “Romeo and Juliet”, and a ton of Shakespeare’s sonnets). What sets it apart from other apps in this category is that it doesn’t try and force you, as a writer, to follow a guide or set of steps to success. You just open the app and write. For years I’ve struggled with developing a writing habit, but discovering WordPalette was the best thing that’s happened to my productivity. It made me look forward to writing and I’m producing more work than ever. I’d highly recommend this app to anyone looking for a simple, gorgeous, flexible writing experience.
What a great tool for the blocked writer. A simple capacitor to kickstart a new work. The option to add custom pallets is awesome.
Imagine for a moment; you’re standing before a blank canvas you have your brush (a pen) and you’re pallet full of your chosen colors; but rather than paint, fyour pallet is full of words. So you dip your brush and paint an incredible work of art. That’s how this app works. The words are there before your eyes and you chose which words you wish to use and where to put them. You can also switch between a normal keyboard and the pallet. Thanks for the great app!!!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Christopher Garver
- 16.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 Christopher James Garver
- In-App Purchases
- Optional Gratuity Level 1 $0.99
- Optional Gratuity Level 3 $4.99
- Optional Gratuity Level 2 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.