Meet your new muse. Destroy writer's block forever. Escape the beaten path and discover what you *didn't know* you wanted to say.
〰 Bypass your ego and regain your creative spark
- When experiencing writer's block our own minds can be our worst enemy.
- We get caught in the mud, hung up, and mope around in endless ruts, seemingly cursed by an infinite loop of inaction.
- But sometimes we've just got to hit refresh, shuffle the deck, ruffle some feathers, evacuate our comfort zones, and sidestep our rituals and habits.
- When songwriters get stuck -- they switch to a different instrument
- WordPalette is a different instrument!
〰 Up to six sliding lanes of intelligently scrambled text
- Short poetic phrases are intuitively grouped and stair-cased across the four slider lanes
- Each lane slides in both directions independently
- The phrases are loaded from Palettes (your collected text sources)
〰 Quickly switch between keyboards
- Simply tap the keyboard button, or swipe left to quickly switch between the slider lanes and the default iOS keyboard
- You're not just switching between keyboards but between creative states
- Many workflows are possible :
- Rapid-fire between the keyboards, leveraging the "found" inspiration of the sliders with your own creative reactions.
- Use the sliders to amass a collection of words that resonate with you, then switch to the default keyboard and weave them together.
- For cut-up method purists: use *only* the word sliders, hunting through the lanes for the perfect compliments and juxtapositions.
〰 Import your favorite text sources and convert them into Palettes.
- Palettes are converted sources of text used to populate the word sliders.
- Instantly paste copied text via the Add (+) button on the Palettes page, and convert.
- You can also import plain .txt files from iCloud Drive and other popular cloud services
- Alternatively, enable our Share extension to send text from other apps to be converted into Palettes.
〰 Mix and match your Palettes
- Activate and deactivate your collected Palettes to control what appears in the word sliders.
- The word slider keyboard will only pull phrases from currently activated Palettes.
- Get creative with your combinations! (i.e., text from an article on underwater birth, and an article on the predatory habits of sharks)
〰 Updates & Refreshes
- Seven new slider keyboard color schemes: Emerald Sea, Steel Shale, Ripe Peach, Blue Blood, Royal Cloak, Film Noir, and Snow Globe!
- Tweaked the navigation tint colors for Sheets, Palettes, and Settings sections (now with unique dark and light mode tints)
〰 Bug Fixes & Glitches
- Fixed minor glitch that would cause top jerky animation of top navigation bar when pushing from Sheets to compose view
- Fixed bug where a Sheet's modified date would be updated even when no changes to Sheet had been made (causing the Sheet to appear at top of Sheets list)
- Feel free to hit me up with suggestions, bug reports, or just to talk shop about creative writing
- @wordpalettes on Twitter
Ratings and Reviews
Phenomenal! Riveting!! LOVE IT! Much needed!
I love this app! My poetry went to another level simply because of the access seeing words I know but would not think of without seeing them. When you see see these beautiful words juxtaposed against other words it make my writing more intense and creatively juicy! A++++++ all the way for this app Christopher till the cows come home!!! I wish there was another one related to it that would have a theme like palettes of words that describe emotions or characters. Excellent job! This app makes writing a game changer! A must have!
One critique... it would be nice if one of the shortcut keys would be a space bar, in addition to the period comma and backspace delete button.
What a great tool for the blocked writer. A simple capacitor to kickstart a new work. The option to add custom pallets is awesome.
Imagine for a moment; you’re standing before a blank canvas you have your brush (a pen) and you’re pallet full of your chosen colors; but rather than paint, fyour pallet is full of words. So you dip your brush and paint an incredible work of art. That’s how this app works. The words are there before your eyes and you chose which words you wish to use and where to put them. You can also switch between a normal keyboard and the pallet. Thanks for the great app!!!!
I just got this app today and I LOVE it. It is sooo helpful with writers block. As an aspiring writer I am always looking for apps to make story’s on. At first I tried other apps and they were too complicated for my liking. When I found this app I was thinking I would be the same, just different format. When I opened it I was like “Woah..” it has such a simple format and it’s very simple to use. The words it give you aren’t that high of vocabulary but it is better than what I could have done. I’m very happy I found this app and I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND IT!
- Christopher Garver
- 32.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 Christopher James Garver
- In-App Purchases
- Optional Gratuity Level 1 $0.99
- Optional Gratuity Level 3 $4.99
- Optional Gratuity Level 2 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.